Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stop the Charlesland Yipper!

Options
  • 20-03-2006 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭

All

I am currently living in the Grove. Unfortunately so is someone else who owns the most annoying dog in the whole world. It seems to limit its incessant yipping to the times of between 7am and 9am every day and in particular Sunday mornings. Only this morning it was joined by another dog howling and wailing in support.

I'm not sure if the owner is aware of how absolutely and brain-numbingly irritating their dog's yip-yip-yippping is, not to mention how incosiderate it is at the weekends that their pet is solely responsible for waking up and keeping awake half the neighbourhood. But if you are the owner of the Yipper and you are reading this message, I appeal to you to please please please please please please please let the dog into the house for a bit in the mornings so that it can yip indoors or maybe get up and bring it for a walk. If not for your own peace of mind, but for the sanity of those living around you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

How would you like it if you were outside naked at that time of the morning.
    I have to put up with people singing at night when they're drunk...and I can tell you, human singing isn't the most attractive sound in the world.

You don't see me complaining about the number of cars driving through the place at night, keeping me awake....do you?

I don't complain about the cats....oh! god...the cats! I hate the cats. The way they look at me! They're spiteful b*st*rds those cats.
    They're a pain in the ass. If you get rid of the cats.....I'll shut up.
    And another thing.....the radio waves from the satellite dishes are driving me mad. I think I've got migranes. Never had them before I moved here. Canyou get rid of the satellite dishes too please.
    AND the rubbish. D'yu have any idea what it's like to be a dog walking around the place with rubbish flying around the place. It's just an invitation for me to run out in front of oncoming traffic. Some people have no consideration at all.

Gimme a break with the barking. You should be glad I bark so loudly. What if there was a power-cut and you'r alarm didn't go off on time. You'd be glad I woke you then...wouldn't you. And another thing, If you've got a problem with my barking......say it to my face....not on this thread.
    Lets resolve this man-to-dog......face to face.

Yip! Yip!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

that bloody dog is driving me mad too - but its the owners fault. She leaves it locked up in the back garden 24 hours a day, she's obviously out at work most of the time. The neighbourhood cats like to stroll along the top of the fence and taunt it too.

seriously - if you don't have the time to look after a dog properly you shouldn't have one. its cruel to the dog, and its antisocial to your neighbours.

yap yap yap yap yap....

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

yippy dog yips in the garden directly opposite ours. it's a bit of a nightmare alright. a howly dog has now joined the fun. it was very rough when i was on maternity leave. the little sleep i had was ruined. he seemed to calm down for a while but he's back with a vengeance. he seems to be stuck outside quite a bit. maybe the owners could bring him inside in the morning to spare us the early morning alarm call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bláth

who's on for some dog hunting???? Don't worry Yipper - you won't feel a thing - and sure seeing as you seem so uptight what with those cats taunting you and the migranes - well we'll be doing you a favour!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I have the same problem in Redford pk. The dog next door just barks and barks and the worst thing is the owners are at home all the time! It just doesn't seem to bother them. I get to lie in bed late one morning a week and this dog barks from 7 - 10, it ruins my week, seriously
    They never ever bring the poor creature for a walk and it is locked up 24/7, I'm considering calling the ISPCA.

• Advertisement

Grrrrrrrrr!
    Noone loves me. I'm a nice little fella really. All I need is attention and food....lots and lot of food. Feel free to throw me steak....not the cheap stuff....I only eat fillet or T Bone
    A nice big bone would keep me occupied for hours, but the main reason i bark so much in the mornings is coz there's never any sugar for my porridge.

Help keep a little dog happy.....feed me beer and steak....and someone shoot the bloody cats...they're driving me MADDD!!!

Woof!

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Valmont wrote:
    I have the same problem in Redford pk. The dog next door just barks and barks and the worst thing is the owners are at home all the time! It just doesn't seem to bother them. I get to lie in bed late one morning a week and this dog barks from 7 - 10, it ruins my week, seriously
    They never ever bring the poor creature for a walk and it is locked up 24/7, I'm considering calling the ISPCA.
    No good ringing the ISPCA, I tried that in my old estate, they say if said yipper is being housed and fed there is nothing they can do. Best thing to do is complain to your neighbour, or poison the dog....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

The Yipper - there are strict rules about no personal abuse on boards.ie - as usual, the same applies in this forum, give it a rest please. Thread closed.

Edit: for what it's worth, I do hope the poison remark was a joke though...

Edit #2
    The Yipper has asked me to delete his post, which was made in the heat of the moment.

Wineman - any chance of amending your post?

Eoin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

poison remark was of course jest, what is this world coming to when we cant even add a bit of humour to the threads. Edit at will Eoin S.

Wineman wrote:
    poison remark was of course jest, what is this world coming to when we cant even add a bit of humour to the threads. Edit at will Eoin S.

I thought it was, but it can be hard to tell online though when it is just text. Drama over anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

Shoot the dog and be done with it. :D

I've got a bullet proof vest.....and a bullet proof mask!

Gotta try harder than that to get rid of me!

:D:D:D

Yip!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭defib

:D I have a formula for this problem

(Dog Owner – Bullet = No Dog Owner) +(No Dog Owner – Dog) = No More Dog

....and will you adopt me Defib?????
    Please????
    I'll be ever so good!
    I won't bark, AND I'll bring you your slippers every day when you come home from work.

Whaddya say????:o :o

The Yipper - I just find it hard to believe that a dog with your typing skills can't just let himself into the house and solve the whole problem!

Ahem!
    Typing is a breeze.....and you should see me driving!!!!
    The problem is that the guy who thinks he owns me locks the door from the inside.
    I used to keep a key under a rock in the garden, but he found that one night, so I'm shafted now.
    I can't get in the windows either, coz I'm eh! afraid of heights....and he won't give me the cash to put credit in my phone, so I can't call the doggie samaratans to have a rant.
    This place is great though....all the nice people talking about me. If I actually understood English, I'd be laughing. This interpretation service I'm using is a bloody marvel.
    Anyway, gotta go now, otherwise there'll be noone there to collect all the nice people from the drat station.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

defib wrote:
    :D I have a formula for this problem

(Dog Owner – Bullet = No Dog Owner) +(No Dog Owner – Dog) = No More Dog

I have another one...
    Elemental+/_ loyatemu + dog owner + conversation - talking about it on thread = happy outcome for all...

Seriously, whatever the rights and wrongs of the dog being kept under control, the fact is if I were said dog owner I would be mightily peeved if I came across this site and found myself being the subject of this thread, plus some of the comments in the first few posts. I'd much rather somebody came to my door and told me about the problem so I could do something about it.

This site was started to create a sense of community among all us blow ins - goes against the grain of that ethos to be slagging off the neighbours..

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭eleMental

Totally agree.

I originally started the post as the problem is that I dont actually know which house the dog lives in. I've tried looking in the morning when its barking but you cant really see into any of the gardens.

I'd be more than happy to call in to the owner for a chat to see if theres anything that can be done, like you said, you're only going to aggrevate the owner by having a chat like this without hearing their side of the story. I myself have been on the receiving end of "please dont park your car here" anonymous notes on my car windscreen in previous areas I have lived in so I know how frustrating it is when people dont tell you if they have a problem face-to-face.

If anyone does know which house the dog lives in maybe they could pop me a private message (rather than publicly display it here which I dont want to do) then I'd be happy to call over to see if something can be sorted out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

eoin_s wrote:
    The Yipper - I just find it hard to believe that a dog with your typing skills can't just let himself into the house and solve the whole problem!

He's probably a setter....you know the type.

There's a lot of talk going on behind my back.
    I'm giving my owner one more week to get his act together or I'll print my address here.
    And all of those formulas....well....

1xYipper - (food + shelter + TLC) = dead puppy

Anyone happy with this result????

Yip!:o :o

• Advertisement

maybe its the sunny weather or the bright mornings but this last week its just getting beyond a joke... that dog starts barking/yipping at sometime after 6.30 in the morning EVERY DAY and today he was still going when i left at half 8 - ITS SO ANNOYING!!!!!!:(

the weird thing is that i actually dont live directly beside/across from the house, its a good few away, and if its driving me this crazy then i cant begin to imagine what its like for the people who live in adjoining houses.....

i did try calling in once to maybe see if there was something could be done but noone was there.....

on a more positive note it has got me out of bed to go to the gym 3 times this week, id rather run on a treadmill than lie bed listening to monotonic yipping for an hour :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

You poor thing!!! I live in the grove too over looking the farm but I have to say cant hear any poor dog!!! If you know what house the Yipper is in u should leave a polite note to the horrible nasty owners asking them to consider their neighbours and at least have the dog inside in the morning so u can get some sleep!!! That or just stand outside their front door at 630 and howl like a mad man and see how they like it!!!:D

:( Same again this morning (Saturday) it barked from about 8am, I was nearly crying cos had the WORST week in work and was SO looking forward to a lie in..... But the thing is to be fair i do think the dog must be just left in the back garden alot so you cant really blame the animal. Plus one of the nighbours opposite me have a couple of cats that walk up and down the fences and go into all the gardens which doesnt help matters.

I dont want to leave in a note really, ive been the victim of that before with car parking in another house and I think its the right thing to do to say it someones face rather than writing them notes....

The problem really is that the owners shouldnt have the dog there if its going to be cooped up outside for most of the time, I'd be barking too. Either way I'm being driven to dementia in the mornings listening to it so guess I'd better figure SOMETHING out!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sparks115

I really feel sorry for you. Maybe u should call in and just mention it, if they are anyway decent they would take into account the problem their poor doggy is causing and try and come to some kind of resolution. Then again if they are the types to leave a poor dog outside all the time then they may not care what anyone has to say. As for those stinking cats they keep coming into my back garden and pooing and spreading their stinky crap everywhere. I am a huge animal lover but I have a baby and I know for a fact that cats do-dos carry huge dangers for babys so I have resorted to chasing them everytime I see them and frightening the crap out of them - while lopking like a complete idiot!:eek: I HATE CATS!!!!

on sunday morning it was barking away from about 7AM until somebody opened up their window and yelled "SHUT UP!!!!"

seemed to do the job - it stopped barking (for a while anyway). maybe we should all do the same.

has anyone spoken to the owner yet btw?

thank god. i was beginning to think i was the only person that it was affecting (though couldnt understand how cos its SOOOOO annoying). it really is driving me to tears, its never-ending. doesnt seem to be limited to mornings anymore, on sunday it barked all day long, every time i went out in the garden it was barking again.

fair play to whoever shouted out the window, im going to do that next time.

ive called in twice but theres never anyone there, seems theres very rarely a car in the driveway.:( :(:(

I just called Cuala Prop. Mgmnt and spoke to Bernie who was great. Issues with resident's pets that are causing severe disruption to other neighbours is something they are in a position to address.

She said that if anyone knows for sure the number of the house and we let her know that they can send a letter to the dog's owner saying that they may not be aware that the dog is barking all the time (if theyre at work) and that there have been a number of complaints from residents in the area and ask that they take action to stop it continuing (maybe let it inside more etc etc).

I cant remember the number of the house :confused: so if anyone else knows for sure maybe they can call her: 2801282 or else I'll check tonight and ping her tomorrow.

Howdy punters!
    Just to let you all know that I've been away on holidays for the last 10 days so it's not me yipping away at all hours of the morning. Mind you, that time delayed recording deciveseems to be doing the trick - keeping you all in a hightened state of anxiety.
    Seriously though, I've had my larynx removed so i won't be making any more noise in the mornings....or at any time from now on.
    Might I suggest sending the owner of the offending mutt a letter if you don't want a face to face confrontation.:)

gah! - started up at 0530 this morning and was still going as i left at 0800 (barking at another dog somewhere in the distance). anyone know where I can buy some animal tranquilizers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Wifey and I have the same problem with a dog in the Wood. The bloody thing starts early and goes all day while it's owners are at work. It gets worse if either of us go into our back garden.

Having a friendly (and then not-so-friendly) word hasn't really worked.

Advertisement