Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bt site is down?

• 20-03-2006 10:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

hi
    can any one log on to the website? I've been on hold on the phone for the last 30 mins because i can't access the website.
    stupid question but is there ever a GOOD time to ring BT?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

people do do site maintenance now and again you know :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭japanpaul

site maintenance at 0900 - 1000 on a monday morning when there was a 3 day long weekend:rolleyes:
    my company would go out of business doing sh1t like that.

edit: at least they have a error message explaining this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

japanpaul wrote:
    I've been on hold on the phone for the last 30 mins
    Ouch :eek:
    Don't think I'd have the patience for that.
    I hope you've got speakerphone :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

BT site down. My BT service is down. I wonder why?

I gave up on hold. 1 hour 15 mins.
    The website is intermittently working now but barely. Still doesn't fix the problem that I've been overcharged!! Oh the pain of being a BT customer:(
    I haven't had to contact them for a year now but I'm starting to remember the marathon phone sessions the last time. I was called a liar last year when the guy said I hadn't phoned to cancel my BB because it wasn't logged on their system. I got an apology when my bill came and showed I was on the phone to them for an hour on the day he said I hadn't rang them. End rant:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

japanpaul wrote:
    I gave up on hold. 1 hour 15 mins.
    I've had many times where I'd give up trying to get through aswell... I wonder do they have any way of counting the number of people who resort to giving up.
    If their lines are closed today, they could at least leave some automated message, instead of wasting peoples time. :mad:

The sad thing is there phone service wasn't broken today. I couldn't use their 'Call back' service because I am behind a switch board at work so my girlfriend rang from her phone. She eventually got a call back after 2 hours. I hate these call back services which mean you have to wait in close to the phone for them to call you back. It's just a cop out of employing more customer care staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I used their stupid callback thing before and nobody ever rang me back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Cormic

I used their stupid callback thing before and nobody ever rang me back.

Same thing for me. Never trust technology :)

Advertisement