Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why, oh why?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pigman II wrote:

Prove it then. Take it down. It clearly is bothering people and furthermore effectively derailing your thread into the bargain.

You are derailing my thread, not the picture, but fine, if it will help you sleep at night - I will remove it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Pigman II wrote:
    Take it down. It clearly is bothering people and furthermore effectively derailing your thread into the bargain.
    Oh take it to the thunderdome PigmanII. It's bothering some people.

I think it's fine with the blanked out face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

oh for god sake, she posted a pic of a woman, who yes, i'm going to say she was fat and her choice of clothes was something to laugh at, she looked like an idiot!
    yes silly sausage should have blacked out the faces sooner but she did as soon as she was called on it. infact i hope this woman or someone that knows her sees this thread and maybe knock some dress sence into the poor misfortunate badly dressed woman.

oh and thanks for the pic gillo! not exactly what i was thinking about but....yeah...very nice indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

You are derailing my thread, not the picture,
    How do you work that out? I wasn't even the first person to pass comment on the possible misuse of the photo.
    but fine, if it will help you sleep at night - I will remove it.
    I always sleep great at night so in that regard it makes no difference to me. However it might make a big diff to the person whose photo you (imho) unjustifiably took. Might even make you seem a tad less judgmental in the long-term too.

Zulu wrote:
    Oh take it to the thunderdome PigmanII. It's bothering some people.

As opposed to what? Where did I say 'all' or 'most' or anything to the contrary of 'some'? My use of the word people is to indicate a number at least greater than 1 person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Caw Caw Caw!

Exactly.

Pigman II wrote:
    As opposed to what? Where did I say 'all' or 'most' or anything to the contrary of 'some'? My use of the word people is to indicate a number at least greater than 1 person.
    Indeed, and guess what my use of the word 'some' is used to indicate.

I take it there's little chance of you recognising that your point has been made, hammered home, and now just become irritating?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I am pretty sure that if the mods found the pic offensive that it would be removed ASAP.

Actually I hadn't gotten a chance to look at the picture yet. It's coming up as "invalid attachment" for me.

Whether it's okay or not largely depends on whether the person in question knows you're posting a picture of them here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Stark wrote:
    Whether it's okay or not largely depends on whether the person in question knows you're posting a picture of them here?

They havent a clue :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

Stark wrote:

but surely when faces are blocked out it would be ok?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

In terms of people following fashion even if it does not flatter them - I imagine that some people do not have a strong sense of fashion so are swayed by the media, it can also be hard to find something that suits when certain trends are blanketing the streets. There is also the issue of size - the fact that some companies may make their sizes larger partially to make people feel better must show something, certainly, it is disheartening to wear a larger size.

For me I would take from the trends that are valid to my figure and equally would search for items that are my own style - I would rather be a trend setter than a trend follower. I would also tend to go for more expensive pieces if they are classics and if I want an item that looks great but is not my normal style will go for the cheaper brands. It is very important to wear the correct size - am normally a size 8-10 but I had to get a 12 in a dress which had a fitted corset top and no break in the skirt just to get my chest through it...it still hurt though!

Zulu wrote:
    Indeed, and guess what my use of the word 'some' is used to indicate.
    You still haven't answered the question. Why are you at pains to point out 'some' people when I had offered nothing to the contrary?
    I take it there's little chance of you recognising that your point has been made, hammered home, and now just become irritating?
    Actually, it seems you are the one finding it hard to recognise comprehend certain details. I hadn't made (or wished to make) any further statement against the pix or its poster since it was removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Femmy wrote:
    but surely when faces are blocked out it would be ok?

Not really if the person is still recognisable by other features.

In future keep attachments restricted to public domain images and images posted with the permission of the person in the photo.

Pigman II wrote:
    I hadn't made (or wished to make) any further statement against the pix or its poster since it was removed.
    ...but you just couldn't drop it. :p

Zulu wrote:
    ...but you just couldn't drop it. :p

Drop what?

And whilst you're answering that question you can answer the 'some' people comment question too. Cheers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement