Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancelling bt

• 20-03-2006 11:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

cancelling bt bb as i am moving house, but the girl recons that i am in a 1 year contract, the only reason i signed up was because they were advertising that it was 6mth contract.

anyone got any proof that its a 6mth contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You'd expect them to know what kind of promotional offers they were offering at the time you signed up... but then this is EsatBT we're talking about. :eek:
    I'm in a similar position myself, although I'm about a year past my end of contract, I get to keep the dsl equipment as part of the deal at the time... so I hope I don't get any crap off them about not returning the dsl modem.
    Might mention this in the "written cancellation request" :rolleyes:

Although I suppose you could simply move your account to your new address instead of cancelling it...
    http://btireland.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/btireland.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=812

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

It is advertised as a 6 month contract at http://www.esat.net/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2Fbroadband
    but unfortunately telecom companies can be really set about being right in what they say. I work in customer service for one. What I would recommend is to call, and keep calling, speak to the highest person possible and demand that it is a 6 month contract. But do it in a polite manner, if you shout or swear at the rep, they are perfectly within their rights to hang up on you, and questions, shout

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

all contracts since June 2005 are min 6 months .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote:
    all contracts since June 2005 are min 6 months .
    Correct & right. If you signed up before June '05 you're on a 12 month contract.
    OP, what date did you sign up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

thanks for that lads, i signed up on oct the 10th 2005, my lease is up here on 5th of april

can't move it, i'll be living out in the sticks

• Advertisement
Advertisement