Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tow Bar question?

Options
  • 20-03-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭

I need to get a tow bar put on my car. I know nothing about tow bars so would appreciate some advice. I have heard to get one with springs? is this the case ? what should I avoid and how much should I pay?

tks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭Litcagral

darkbeatz wrote:
    I need to get a tow bar put on my car. I know nothing about tow bars so would appreciate some advice. I have heard to get one with springs? is this the case ? what should I avoid and how much should I pay?

tks

http://www.mrbullbar.com/Towbars.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I installed a swan neck on my Rover last week.

The towbar cost me 160euro delivered.
    I installed it myself, had to remove the bumper and drill 4 holes. Took 2 hours in all, including tea breaks.

I'd go for the swan neck, or detatchable if you can afford it, the older style ones look muck, the swan neck is much more subtle and easy on the eye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

tks a lot

JohnCleary wrote:
    I installed a swan neck on my Rover last week.

The towbar cost me 160euro delivered.
    I installed it myself, had to remove the bumper and drill 4 holes. Took 2 hours in all, including tea breaks.

I'd go for the swan neck, or detatchable if you can afford it, the older style ones look muck, the swan neck is much more subtle and easy on the eye.

Swan neck protrudes more. I prefer the conventional detatchable type although swan neck is necessary for some makes e.g. new type Primera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭darkbeatz

where did you get it john?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

What do ya mean protrudes?

Got my towbar from Partway Galway - Think I got a bit of a discount though :D

They can be gotten for peanuts online, but theyre heavy so youd end up spending the same on delivery!

JohnCleary wrote:
    What do ya mean protrudes?

Got my towbar from Partway Galway - Think I got a bit of a discount though :D

They can be gotten for peanuts online, but theyre heavy so youd end up spending the same on delivery!

Protrude - meaning to stick out. The swan neck tow bar sticks out more from the rear of the vehicle.

Advertisement