Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Merlin Auctions & Vat

Options
  • 20-03-2006 12:21pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭

If I were to buy a commercial van at merlin's for say euro5000 and it has a vat invoice included -- what does this mean. I am not reg for Vat.

A - I just have to pay the 5k (+fees) and absorb the vat as a joe punter.

B - I have to pay vat on top of the 5K.

C - a trader can buy it and claim back the vat.

Am I correct in saying A & C are correct !!!

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

regardless of who you are you must pay the seller the VAT. Then you can claim the VAT back if you are VAT registered.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

whippet wrote:
    regardless of who you are you must pay the seller the VAT. Then you can claim the VAT back if you are VAT registered.

Is it not a case though that the seller has already claimed the tax baxk.

Do you think/is it normal for the Vat to be included in the sale price when the vat invoice is attached to the sale ??

thx a million.

Advertisement