Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Scrubs

• 20-03-2006 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a recently converted fan of scrubs and in the past two weeks have bought season 2 and 3 on DVD, plan to get season 1 in a couple of weeks. Can anyone tell me if there are any more seasons released, or what channel I can find the new series on?

I've become obsessed! Its such a great show!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

RTE2 is supposed to be showing the new season, season 5.
    Thats what i heard from a friend, but im sure its season 4 as 5 is only recent.
    You should be able to pick up season 4 from an online shop or something.

If its a case it turns out to be an import from jamerica or anywhere out of Ireland/UK, make sure that the DVD region is set to 0, as this is multiregion and most dvd players wont play imports.

Yeah Scrubs is good, loved all of it since the start. There are some that will say its gone downhill, but they're ghey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Hi Nick!

Thanks so much!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

RTE2 is supposed to be showing the new season, season 5

started last monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Yeah season 5 started back last monday as good as ever. They only released season 3 a couple of months ago so at the moment there is no date for season 4 being released

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Not really as good as ever Bohs - general concensus is that 'Scrubs' is going downhill.

I liked the idea of the plotline linking to a past episode tonight, that's always something good for a show to do I think: tie up some loose-ish ends.

However, there were several things that really annoyed me... apart from the show just not feeling as funny as it used to, that is. The characters seem to be floating away from what they're supposed to be (NOT evolving, but just changing uncharacteristically). They seem to just be changing characters at a whim so that they'll fit into some "crazy" plot.

Furthermore, there are a lot of cheesy style issues in terms of 'wiping' from scene to scene (e.g. that ketchup bottle travelling around the room - I don't know why - but it just irritated me from the perspective of direction).

There are several more things that annoyed me - but I'm watching 'Lost' now :).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

it used to be a funny AND smart show, now it's only a little funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

scrubs is still funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I still like Scrubs.

It's a pity Dr.Cox isn't as intense as he used to be and Carla and Blondie are real nothing-characters (see, can't even remember her name after 100eps! :)) imho but I still get get a laugh out of JD, Turkleton, The Janitor and even Kelso.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

NoelRock wrote:
    Furthermore, there are a lot of cheesy style issues in terms of 'wiping' from scene to scene (e.g. that ketchup bottle travelling around the room - I don't know why - but it just irritated me from the perspective of direction).

Yeah; I know what you mean. That episode was full of attempts to cleverly splice seemingly unconnected scenes that were in reality connected; where Elliot opened a curtain and behind it was another scene, Dr. Cox opened a door of a cabinet and the same thing happened... they didn't make sense and they felt forced; I mean... what was Cox going to the cabinet for?? Before they'd do something where one scene ended with a character walking "into" the camera, blacking out a screen for a second, and then the next scene starting with another character walking away from a camera... was a much smoother way to link things..

I'm rambling.

Anyway, joke to feelgood ratio has gotten progressively worse over this series; my girlfriend hit the nail on the head when, after seeing the latest episode (or the second latest one) from the US, she said "the funny has gone out of scrubs". It's not that it's gotten bad, it's just turning into a more surreal but equally humourous ER.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Pigman II wrote:
    I still like Scrubs.

It's a pity Dr.Cox isn't as intense as he used to be and Carla and Blondie are real nothing-characters (see, can't even remember her name after 100eps! :)) imho but I still get get a laugh out of JD, Turkleton, The Janitor and even Kelso always give me a laugh.

Don't know about the Dr.Cox thing, that needed to move to the background as the first 2 or so series were full of him as a demon..

Carla and Elliot as nothing characters, pretty much. They get thrown the odd plotline which usually involves them acting neurotic for some reason, or else acting disgusted at something JD and Turk have done.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I loved the latest episode. It does seem to have changed to a more open ended format, less focused on evolving a long running plot. This is presumably because there's only so long you can keep the old format up. The upside to it is that in this format is that the quality won't change much for a long time, apart from everything getting "settled in" which will probably make it seem much better, it will be consistently this funny and intelligent even if it's less so than the last one. I thought the "Moral" at the end really suffered though. That's my favourite bit and it kind of sucked "It's sometimes hard to be nice...". That's a direct result of it being a bit more all over the place, and I think that will change in the next few episodes.

I didn't see the first two series, only the third and a couple from the fourth, so maybe that's why I didn't mind it. I still think it's pretty good though. Looking at the 3rd and 4th series, it will take a few episodes for it to find it's feet. Right now there's nothing much happening except with Elliot, so that's why it's like that. By Episode 5 or 6 it'll be as good as ever, my estimate. I don't think it's fair to write it off on two episdoes. From what I saw of the 4th it was even bette than the third. This one could be the best yet if you give it a chance.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

I'm still loving it. JD seems to a lot gayer this season though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

What happened to Cox's wife? Either she has had some bad plastic surgery or been in an accident.
    She is actually married to the creator in real life, that's the creator of the show and not God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

She is actually married to the creator in real life

Well that would explain her presence on the show cos I can't think of any other reason.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Pigman II wrote:
    Well that would explain her presence on the show cos I can't think of any other reason.

I think she is fiarly hot for an older chick.

I thought it was great when her and your one from ER were fighting over ZD. Hot older women. Nice!

Or when she had he boobs out for her teenage neighbour & then got her face done

I love Jordan, but I didn't like her when she lightened up her hair. She was sexy with dark hair. I like the "older woman" thing sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

What happened to Cox's wife? Either she has had some bad plastic surgery or been in an accident.

I thought it was just me, what happened her face? She used to be hot ;)

*Hot Milf Five*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Morrigan

Talking of characters looks changing - is it just me or has Turk changed hugely? He seems to have lost a ton of weight or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I thought it was just me, what happened her face? She used to be hot ;)

*Hot Milf Five*
    SHe was always hot in the Drew Carey show but this season it looks like the botox she got last seaon led to some plastic surgery. The lighter hair isn't helping. When darked hair people start dying their hair blond it is to hide how grey their hair is. Considering she is in her mid 40s she is still looking good just a sudden change on TV. You know here aunt is Katie from Katie and Ally

Turk looks like he lost a lot of weight alright strangely he looks a bit sickly rather than better.

I prefered Turk when he was weightier. Cuddly bear ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement