Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless BB in Dublin 6W

• 20-03-2006 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I hope someone can help me here, Does anyone know any wireless broadband packages in the Terenure / Harolds Cross Area? I don't want to pay line rental and so far Digiweb, NTL, Smart Telecom have either refused or got no signal in the house.

Is there any alternative other than Clearwire or IBB ripwave? I obviously don't want any restrictions on the network ports or anything and the faster than 1mb download/upload would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

nialler9 wrote:
    I hope someone can help me here, Does anyone know any wireless broadband packages in the Terenure / Harolds Cross Area? I don't want to pay line rental and so far Digiweb, NTL, Smart Telecom have either refused or got no signal in the house.

Is there any alternative other than Clearwire or IBB ripwave? I obviously don't want any restrictions on the network ports or anything and the faster than 1mb download/upload would be great.

Digiweb, but WIRELESS = PROBLEMS !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If you have an inactive phone line, you can activate it for practically free and get BT ADSL at about the same price as the wireless guys (from €35 inc line rental). The BT service will work fine but their billing dept is very bad. I wouldn't go near any of the wireless guys if you have an alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nialler9

Thanks Blaster. If I go onto the BT site and try the line checker it says broadband is not available on my number. Is that because the line in the house is currently inactive or because it is simply not available? I've emailed them but I doubt they will even know what I'm on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

I'm in D6W and I use IBB. A lot of people complain about it but those people are on the older towers. They have new ones up in the D6W area and the service is brilliant :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

nialler9 wrote:
    Thanks Blaster. If I go onto the BT site and try the line checker it says broadband is not available on my number. Is that because the line in the house is currently inactive or because it is simply not available? I've emailed them but I doubt they will even know what I'm on about.

I presume they cannot check a line which is not live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

They can, but I'm not sure if the online checker can do it. Call Eircom and ask them but be careful as you can order broadband over the phone very easily with them, don't need to sign anything, so be clear that you're not ordering from them today, just checking the line status.

Advertisement