Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First Time Buy: Citreon Xsara

Options
  • 20-03-2006 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been on the look out for a relatively cheap car of late and have now been offered a Citreon Xsara for €2500. The spec of the car is as follows:

Citroen Xsara LX 1.4L petrol 1999, 92k mls, 5 dr, h/b, manual, NCT 05/07, met, green, a/b, CD, c/l, e/m, e/w, f/s, p/s, good condition

Having spoke to the guy selling it he told me that the car has been seviced recently and the timing belt and clutch were replaced. The car was once involved in a small crash but no damage was done to the chassis, should i avoid the car because of this?

Can anyone point of some pitfalls of buying this car? Like no warranty might be one is there any other downsides to a private deal? Anyone serious not recommend this car? Should i get a garage to check it before i buy it? I am not too worried about re-sale but i would like te car to be getting me from A - B for the next 4 years!?

Thanks

Rich

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

High mileage, and crashed. I'd run for the hills.

Xsara's, even good ones, are not that good.

If you want a car to last 4 years, realistically you've got to spend more, go for something with much lower miles, and which hasn't been hit.

Just my 2p worth.

Advertisement