Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demolition Master!

Options
  • 20-03-2006 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

They're knocking down the old Belfield Fm thingy! Great distraction from studying!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Grimes: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........gasp........Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

Grimes can take solace in the fact that its putting up a strong fight, its taking a while!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

aaww raging I would love to have seen that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Font22 wrote:
    Grimes can take solace in the fact that its putting up a strong fight, its taking a while!!

I lost Grimes' virginity behind that kiosk one night. He lent it to me as mine was at the cleaners... lots of memories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Pfft... Grimes wasn't even in UCD when that place was where BFM was housed.

In fact, neither were most of the BFM lot that are now on Boards...

I, on the other hand, remember it only too well - especially the damn racket the place used to make!

• Advertisement

Your like a 'Nam veteran Seb :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Samos

All is not lost. Half of it remains... not unlike many 'Nam veterans' minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

SebtheBum wrote:

I, on the other hand, remember it only too well - especially the damn racket the place used to make!
    good jaysus, a good half of the library was totally useless for studying when that yoke was going. i hated it with a passion.

You don't understand!!!
    You weren't there!!!
    There was Charlie all around us... Mmmmm... Charlie...
    /sniffs nostalgically

Charlie? What kind of Charlie!!!!

• Advertisement

Scraggs wrote:
    Charlie? What kind of Charlie!!!!
    Ah, such a sweet, sheltered, innocent soul.

Hey, [snip - like anyone's gonna fukkin notice], you've done class A drugs rite? Tell her what Charlie is!:D

Thats I what I thought you meant but the post in the middle [now deleted] threw me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Ah, the Kiosk... interfered with the internal phone system, the library, the students, anything that moved, anything that stood still, anything that looked like it might move OR stand still... Now it's gone - the end of an era.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I remember the Kiosk... I remember wanting to nuke the damn thing, with the amount of crap it pumped out all day when BFM was broadcasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

SebtheBum wrote:

i was, its not that long ago for god sake! listen to old man winters over here:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Ah I remember the days!.....it was great! Booo to all you naysayers! It brought a great atmosphere to the college and provided me with one of my favorite memories of college!

Was sitting in the law section, annoyed at being in the library studying and suddenly they started pumping out Led Zeppelin's Starway to Heaven at high volume!...Great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Scraggs wrote:
    Your like a 'Nam veteran Seb :D

Yeah... Chelten(h)am... it was hell. Charlie McCreevey... Charlie Haughey...

ferdi wrote:
    i was, its not that long ago for god sake! listen to old man winters over here:rolleyes:
    When were you ever on BFM?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Makes loads of noise when it was there and it makes loads of noise when they're getting rid of it...typical.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I just seen my name mentioned? Grimes put up a fight in the form of a dirty protest outside Hugh Brady's office..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭HappyCrackHead

doesnt matter what you do or dont do man... you still get the blame

ah the illustrious kiosk... nearly 12 years its been there if my calculations are correct.

shame... still the last time it was used for broadcasting was back in the BnLFM days... back in the darktimes... the last two years however down in the blue shed have been more illuminating

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Who would want to Bcast from that box? We have plenty for fun down the big blue house. I can even sleep there for free!!! Hobo delux suite with internet access, fridge and a toliet in the bushes. Death to the B+L Hell Hole is what The Grimes Says

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

The Kiosk was great in its day. Every generation knocks the one that went before... tut tut tut. :p

Advertisement