Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apache Configuration

Options
  • 20-03-2006 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi there

I wish to disable the ability of the user to use a browser as an explorer device (i.e. 'hide' my directory structure).

I have been advised to comment out....

#LoadModule autoindex_module modules/mod_autoindex.so

....but I am using the latest version of Xampp, so this was already commented out in favour of....

LoadModule autoindex_color_module modules/mod_autoindex_color.so

Commenting that out however, kills Apache completely.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Could you not just use a .htaccess file? o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum92/2470.htm

You find the default directory configuration container and use
    "Options -indexes" instead of "Options indexes"

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 reptonite

This place knocks spots off all other BB's. There is absolutely no reason to go anywhere else.

Seamus? One can of Murphy's to you (I am in Cork after all)

And in payment for the help, send anyone with a question regarding hosting for free on the eircom setup my way. I am now god as far as the topic is concerned, thanks to you guys. And thanks to DynDNS for the domain "ucc.kicks-ass.net" :p

Cheers again.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Like the others have mentioned, you could simply add the following line to your .htaccess file:

IndexIgnore */*

cheers cianuro, but am sorted now. I suppose the .htaccess route is the one you go for especially if you're looking to give selective access, but to be honest I just wanted the entire site locked down, and Options -indexing did it.

Let's face it, we're all in one of the last remaining fields where you are an expert in something only once you've solved the problem.....whoops, getting philosophical now that the the app is delivered......:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭cianuro

Ahhhh... Didn't even see your reply! :) Sorry about that.
    Glad your problem is solved now.

Never apologise for helping, with most other boards it's the other way round! :)

Advertisement