Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Access - Simple question.. adding a heading to report

Options
  • 20-03-2006 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've no idea how to use access. I have a report. I want to add a label/text box to the report header which links to another table (which is otherwise not included in the report).
    The table I want to link to is called header and has only one field (called name) and one string value ('Test table header'). I've tried adding a text box to the header section of the report and setting the 'control source' to '=header.name' but when I run it it just asks me to enter a paremeter value for header. Hope this question makes sense!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

ahh MS Access reports you poor person!
    A really crappy way of doing it is to add the Header Table to your original query/sql and then you can use the required value from the header table
    if you need help pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks a lot Amen. That worked.. should have thought of it myself!
    Bit sloppy but it does the job alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Access Reports. Shudder.

The main problem is that the report can only have a single data-source.
    There are two workarounds. The first is the one Amen suggested....include the data into your "main" query.

The second, is to use a subreport. In this case, its probably ugly overkill, but in other situations its a better choice.

jc

Advertisement