Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitter/Babysitter Club

Options
  • 20-03-2006 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

I need a babysitter. We're going stir crazy. I haven't been out for over 6 months now. Does anyone have any recommendations? (I would also need some kind of references before I'd trust anyone with my little cherub!) I was also thinking maybe of setting up a babysitter club. Does anyone know how these work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 SPS

Just a suggestion but how about asking at the Charlesland creche if anyone from there is interested in babysitting, at least you'll know their references have been checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭sasmac

I have a friend who is a nanny in the Greystones area can give you the number if you like. pm me if intrested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MichelleG

Hi,

My name is Michelle and I live in Charlesland. I am 25 and available to babysit evenings during the week and weekends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 elaineha

Hi All,

Any parents out there interested in setting up a babysitting club in the area. Its costs too much money to go out an get a babysitter, so why not set up a parents club to take in turns and it won't cost anything?? anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

merging with the previous thread

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

joanna200 wrote:
    Hi.I'm an experienced childminder with good references.I'm available to babysit in the evening/night hours for anywhere in Ballsbridge,Donnybrook area.

why are you advertising on the Greystones board then?

joanna200 wrote:
    Hi.I'm an experienced childminder with good references.I'm available to babysit in the evening/night hours for anywhere in Ballsbridge,Donnybrook area.Rates and hours flexible.
    I'm married,living in Ballsbridge.

loyatemu wrote:
    why are you advertising on the Greystones board then?

Was wondering the same thing, just have no idea what forum to move the post to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

well you could move it to parenting but to be honest it is the first post of an account set up to advertised a service, in other words it is pimping a service and not contributing so I would be deleting the post and reporting the user for possible sitebann.

Thaedydal wrote:
    well you could move it to parenting but to be honest it is the first post of an account set up to advertised a service, in other words it is pimping a service and not contributing so I would be deleting the post and reporting the user for possible sitebann.

Thanks for the input Thaedydal - I think a site ban could be a little harsh, given that it's more of a nixer type thing but post deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You are most welcome
    /me goes back to lurking and being nosey

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 clare kinito

elaineha wrote:
    Hi All,

Any parents out there interested in setting up a babysitting club in the area. Its costs too much money to go out an get a babysitter, so why not set up a parents club to take in turns and it won't cost anything?? anyone interested?

I've been trying to do this with people i know and doesn't seem to go any where- (probably because i like to only babysit children in my home-kind of like sleep overs for the kids) but if that's not a problem let me know. I have a little girl whos 3 in July. (If the kids stay over the parents get a lie in after their night out and can also stay out as long as they want!!!!:D ) let me know what you think!

Advertisement