Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing blog link?

Options
  • 20-03-2006 6:33pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is there any way to have the option to change the link on the 'blog' bit over <---- that way??

I know it's all part of the myboardsie idea, but a lot of people (myself included) don't keep a boards.ie blog and it would be a nice way to have it in the profile box rather than just in sigs etc.??

I'm sure people have followed the link to find no actual blog by their favourite poster!
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

For someone who doesnt keep a blog... this page:
    http://blogs.boards.ie/flogen/index.php... entitled "Flogens Blog" is a remarkably good impersonation. Considering it comes from your link.

No blog, no link.

Blog, Link.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Maybe if cloud decides, he could put in a <if condition=$post 'field(whatever)' in the postbit_leagacy template, so that in your userCP if you click a box to say to show a Blog link, it will show.

This as you know is up to Cloud, and knowing cloud is a master coder, im sure he considered it at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

DeVore wrote:
    For someone who doesnt keep a blog... this page:
    http://blogs.boards.ie/flogen/index.php... entitled "Flogens Blog" is a remarkably good impersonation. Considering it comes from your link.

No blog, no link.

Blog, Link.

DeV.

I was under the impressions that all users had a boards.ie blog, and some used it, some don't.

As daveirl points out, I have another blog, I attempted to use both for different purposes but soon realised that no-one, not even I, was bothered about the stuff I put on the boards.ie blog.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'll talk to Cloud, thats his dealio. I don't have access to the code, for a very good reason. :)

DeV.

• Advertisement

DeVore wrote:
    I'll talk to Cloud, thats his dealio. I don't have access to the code, for a very good reason. :)

DeV.

:D

Many thanks ;)

(come doubters, see the benevolence in action)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm all in favour of anything that results in flogen editting that awful sig, even if it is only to remove his blog link.

smiley.

I'm all in favour of anything that results in flogen editting that awful sig, even if it is only to remove his blog link.

smiley.

I never said I'd edit my sig... ;)

All he has to do is make the Blog field user editable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

• Advertisement

/Puppy enjoys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Sparky-s wrote:
    /Puppy enjoys. :)

Sexual preversion!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Goto your blog admin section, goto manage -> files, and add the following..
    <meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.myblog.com/">

..somewhere inbetween the <head> and </head> tags.

Clickly my blog link for an example.

Advertisement