Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE title match at WM22 *spoiler*

• 20-03-2006 6:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

In the US they tend to advertise future events like Backlash at this point in time and a US reader sent the following information into PWInsider from a Backlash promo which seems to give away the ending to the Triple H/Cena match at WM22. If you don't want to know about it, don't read the following spoiler:
    Erik Roth sent this, which leads one to believe that Triple H will be winning the title at WrestleMania.

This is a transcript of the Backlash promo.

(Triple H) At Backlash, The Game begins
    (HBK) At Backlash, There is no tomorrow
    (Big Show) At Backlash, You can't run
    (Chavo) At Backlash
    (Flair) At Backlash
    (Carlito) At Backlash, The future starts
    (RVD) The questions end
    (Edge) At Backlash
    (Kane) I will find you
    (Edge) Destroy you
    (Chris Masters) At Backlash, I'll make you suffer
    (Voice) At Backlash
    (Shelton) At Backlash
    (John Cena) At Backlash, I'll take what's mine

That would certainly seem to suggest that Triple H will indeed 'return to his throne' and that Backlash will involve Cena trying to take back the WWE title. I think most of us already expect that outome anyway but this seems to confirm it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

What does the rest of it mean though?

I certainly feel there is no way HHH will lose a 3rd Wrestlemania in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The Carlito bit is interesting - 'At Backlash, The future starts'.

There's talk that Carlito will be in the Smackdown Battle Royal for the last MITB spot. At Saturday Night's Main Event Carlito could be seen talking to Theodore Long and Carlito was the one who came up with the idea for MITB this year in the first place.

Is Carlito the next MITB winner and thus 'the future'? Who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dharney

Carlito already has a match at wrestlemania! WWE Tag Title match. He is teaming up with Chris Masters against Kane and Big Show!

I personally think that the 6th person in the MITB match will be Bobby Lashley! If he doesnt get in this match I cant see what else WWE can do with him!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

most interesting part in the whole lot has to be " [RVD] the questions end" are we finally gonna see the whole fn' show back on form?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

dharney wrote:
    Carlito already has a match at wrestlemania! WWE Tag Title match. He is teaming up with Chris Masters against Kane and Big Show!

I personally think that the 6th person in the MITB match will be Bobby Lashley! If he doesnt get in this match I cant see what else WWE can do with him!

I thought the same way but why have Carlito talk to Long? Last year Carlito was part of a storyline where he tried to get Long fired so they shouldn't be chatting as if they're pals. It was either a very dumb or very clever move by the WWE.

It's not impossible that he could compete in both matches or else win on Smackdown and have Masters end up with a different partner.

He recently did an interview in England where he said he was hopeful of still being in the MITB match.

Edit: Actually it was an interview with IGN.com. You can read it here

This is the relevant part:
    IGN Sports: Do you think it's strange that you called for the Money in a Bank match but now you're not in it? Could we see you pull double duty at Wrestlemania and see you as a surprise replacement in the match?

Carlito: Hopefully I can still get into that match. I was robbed by Ric Flair. He's never beaten me fair and square.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

I thought the same way but why have Carlito talk to Long? Last year Carlito was part of a storyline where he tried to get Long fired so they shouldn't be chatting as if they're pals. It was either a very dumb or very clever move by the WWE.

thank god i'm not the only one who was thinking this.... i noticed that long and carlito were chatting and i remembered what happened last year.... why else would carlito and long be chatting, carlito and masters were having a fight last night on raw and they dont seem to be seeing eye to eye. so maybe just maybe carlito might be moving back to smackdown. as for lashley i can see him getting involved in money in bank match and some how putting finley out of commision and so the fued continues!!

as for the spoiler about triple h,
    pulease:rolleyes: we've known the truth since january that he was gonna win the title at wrestlemania. thats obvious.

as for the spoiler about ...........

Please use spoilers tags with the rest of that sentence. Thank you.

Carlito going to Smackdown would be a good move I think. A feud with Rey Rey or possibly Finlay could be the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

carlito going back to smackdown
    now i know that SD has had to deal with the tragic loss of eddie guerrero and an injury to a big player inside of 3 months, but it just goes to show how poorly wwe treated the show anyway, two of the draft picks brought over to raw becuase thy were good and so raw gets the big names have turnedaround and gone back to SD partly becuase SD needed some big names but partly because there wasn't anything for them to do on raw, they were only ever under utilized on raw (angle as a stepping stone for cena, and carlito as a comedy character and bit player in WWE title frame, to flesh out the elimination chamber etc.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Carlito hasn't gone to Smackdown.. I don't know why anyone would be thinking that. They put Angle back on SD because they lost a few main event guys there, and Angle has apparently been wanting to be champion for a long time

Advertisement