Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom:Business or Home?

• 20-03-2006 7:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭

Yeh i was in the phone ordering eircom broadband a few minutes ago,was gonna go with home professional 3mb/384k until the guy from eircom strongly advised me to go with the business starter instead because of a higher cap or sumthing,the thing is,i only want broadband for online gaming,so which package would be better for latency,theyre both the same speeds and price and ive heard you can ask for interleaving to be turned off if your a business user(is this true)?,so which 1 should i go for?
    btwif i decided after a few weeks that i wanted professional instead could i just swith over or what(extra charges?
    thx for ur help,bye

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I'm not sure but I think the business packages have lower contention ratios than home also which would possibly benefit. I was on the business package before because of the higher download allowance, and it always ran at full speed, though I can't compare that to a home package as I never used one!

Advertisement