Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building Company Queries

Options
  • 20-03-2006 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Not sure where else to post this...

As I'm getting on in life I want to spread my wings and am thinking of starting up a building services and property maintenance company. I've been working on sites for around 7 years and would be a skilled labourer.
    Does anyone think this would be a good idea, or are there too many companies already? Also are there any regulatory bodies I should join that could offer me advice on building methods and regulations should a problem arise? I was hoping to get a maintenance contract for an apartment block to get the company started.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Robbieoc

I say go for it! Plenty of apartment blocks and housing estates out there to try dip you toes in! I don't know about regulatory bodies but I do know that there are a lot of un-happy home-owners paying too much money on their annual maintenance contracts and not satisfied with the level of customer service. What about starting off sub-contracting to a maintenance firm? What are you good at?

Advertisement