Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

php logging advice

Options
  • 20-03-2006 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

I am developing a php/mySql site where security and confidentiality are important, so apart from writing the code as defensively as I can and configuring the server appropriately, I want to ensure logging is up to snuff.

Initially I was thinking of logging to database, with a text log file as a backup. However, php's built in functionality to log to a text logfile is tempting. Does anyone have any experience that says I shouldn't rely on this alone?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭akari no ryu

frost wrote:
    I am developing a php/mySql site where security and confidentiality are important, so apart from writing the code as defensively as I can and configuring the server appropriately, I want to ensure logging is up to snuff.

Initially I was thinking of logging to database, with a text log file as a backup. However, php's built in functionality to log to a text logfile is tempting. Does anyone have any experience that says I shouldn't rely on this alone?

Thanks.
    Check out the Pear Logger objects. They're brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Apache will log every HTTP request for you

Advertisement