Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What does this mean?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭hotspur

Well it's a tangent anyway, maybe it is someone pointing out that philosophy is tangential to the real world (the circle)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Bodhidharma

Its a circle with a line on it.

Could also be a see saw, representing the balance in the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭judomick

my thought was that it represents lines of thinking, some who think in a forward open minded manner, and those that think in an closed mind circular(locked) but the two types of thinking will at some point always converge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 master master

Well, maybe it's philosophy because Descartes did a lot of work with tangents to curves and therefore circles. http://www.student.liu.se/~bjoch509/philosophers/intros/des-intro.html :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

Complete speculation is enjoyable:
    Maybe It's something to do with having only one axiom(some kind of circular totology) on which one random path of knowledge has grown with only one actual point of contact with the real world.One logical(straight-line path) since all knowledge is a consequence of the knowledge on which it's founded, we grow further from the truth despite learning more.

However we could be yet to intersect with truth but will never be certain that it is truth since we are part of the representation and are unable to gain perspective since we only have experience of one existence.

It's similar to rubing shamrook on the map of Ireland and getting the shamrock to grow in the outline of the shape of Ireland:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭muesli_offire

First I thought it was the letter 'a' at an angle.

Then I thought it was a lower case 'd'.

Then a 'p'.

Then i realized it was a circle with a line touching it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement