Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with BT Voyager 2091

• 20-03-2006 11:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

I recently got BT 512k broadband installed after a wait of a few years because I live 8kms from the exchange. Now I have it installed and have it working fine, with no complaints, I use the BT Voyager 2091 to provide wireless access throughout the house.

My neighbour recently had broadband installed in his house as well. After a number of line tests and 2 BT Voyager 2091 modems, an engineer was finally called out to determine why they could not get a proper signal.

The engineer found his non Bt Voyager 2091 and laptop could connect to the internet fine, and suggested the fault lie with the BT voyager again, he then requested a replacement, which has since arrived and has the exact same problem. This is flashing green DSL light, which alternates between a slow repitive flashing and a very rapid flashing every 30 seconds or so.

I took this modem down to my own house and checked it against my connection and found the modem to work correctly first time.

We have an older BT Voyager 205 ADSL router, which works fine on my neighbours line, so we are a bit stumped as to where the problem lies. We have replaced all the microfilters a number of times.

Anyone else know how to fix this problem or what is the cause?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Could be a number of things. Faulty extension wiring, faulty filters, electricial interference etc etc.

Depending on your neighbours telephone socket he may be able to take the bottom half of the main face plate off and plug directly into the main line without the extension wiring. This will let him know if the extensions are to blame.

If this works then he could plug all other equipment out, including sky boxes etc, and try again with nothing but the router plugged in. Basically eliminate all possible causes of the problem.

Fairy

Advertisement