Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Cuts Out In Heavy Rain

Options
  • 20-03-2006 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

I've a VW Polo Saloon '98. When it's lashing rain and water builds up on the back roads, the car tends to cut out. It will cut out after I drive through a few puddles in a row. I feel the car start too chug and then it cuts out. I then have to wait approx 20 mins for whatever it is too dry out. Off I go then. This has happened 10 times in the last year. It's always on the back roads. As you can imagine, it's doing my head in. I left it in last week after the car cut out 3 times on the way to Wexford. The guy used a steam washer to soak the underside and replicate the problem. Anyway, he couldn't. I met someone who said that WD40 would solve the problem. The guy last week has checked the electrics and sealed everything again. He's also used some WD40. Anyone with any ideas why this happens and how it can be fixed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

It sounds like you throttle body may be dirty. Get it cleaned first. Also ensure that the intake manifold preheater pipe is correctly connected and has no tears in it.

Advertisement