Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Restore failed on Pocket PC

• 20-03-2006 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

Need help in this one. I have an XDA II and two days ago the battery drained totally. Like any other PDAs the memory is totally wiped so when I started it, it's like new and did all the initialisation again. Grand and I thought I'm lucky enough that did a full back up not long ago but when I tried to restore from backup I'm getting error saying restore can not be completed because the selected backup file was created from a different type of mobile device (which isn't!). I had a look at the help saying one possible fix is to make sure the regional setting are the same as when the back up was created but still no luck.

I don't mind to re-install everything again this time but if I have to do it again everytime in future when the battery is gone in the device it'll be a bit of a pain. Is there any advice I can prevent this happen again?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

Advertisement