Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pioneer 506xde buying abroad

• 21-03-2006 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Was just wondering if anyone new weather Pioneer will honour the warranty on a Plasma e.g. Pioneer 506xde purchased from say www.technikdirekt.de
    As that top of the range screen works out about €2,000 cheaper from Holland than to buy in this country. The shipping is €85

Anyone done this?

Nick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭branners69

Hi folks,

Was just wondering if anyone new weather Pioneer will honour the warranty on a Plasma e.g. Pioneer 506xde purchased from say www.technikdirekt.de
    As that top of the range screen works out about €2,000 cheaper from Holland than to buy in this country. The shipping is €85

Anyone done this?

Nick

I was told by Pioneer Ireland they wouldnt honour the warranty, so I bought from Richer Sounds so as I can drive up to belfast with my 436xde if I need to..

check the terms& condition of technikdirekt, I emailed them and either they didnt deliver to Ireland or their terms stated you had to get the product back to them so as they could arrange a repair!

Might be worth checking how much DHL or An Post even would charge you to ship it back to Holland.. and remember you will have to pay for it to come back from Holland aswell.. and I dont think your will get it for anything like the €85 that technikdirect are charging you!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭zt-OctaviaN

Thats a shame,
    You didnt happen to ask them why the hell that screen is €2,000 more in Ireland than it is the the other EUROPEAN country did you?

What is wrong in this country.

Ah well.

I believe richer sounds to be good ill give em a bell and get quote.

thanks
    Nick

Thats a shame,
    You didnt happen to ask them why the hell that screen is €2,000 more in Ireland than it is the the other EUROPEAN country did you?

What is wrong in this country.

Ah well.

I believe richer sounds to be good ill give em a bell and get quote.

thanks
    Nick

They didnt tell me that, but one of the factors as to why the tvs are so cheap and as to why you have to return the good is that online shops like technik dont buy the 12 months guarantee from Pioneer so they get the equipment alot cheaper then a shop here would, other factors could be VAT and basic supply and demand!!

Give Dave a bell on 04890330044, I dont work for them or anything.. I just bought a full Pioneer kit off them last month!!

And dont get me started on whats wrong in this country:D

By the way you wont disappointed with the Pioneer plasma, its stunning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

Where's a good location in Dublin to see this Pioneer in action?

Also, I'm told NEC are good, but very little info on where again to have a gander?

DaDa wrote:
    Where's a good location in Dublin to see this Pioneer in action?

My sitting room wall:D

Ring Currys in Blanch, they had a huge collection when I was in there buying a microwave.. not sure if they stock Pioneer tho!!

Otherwise Harvey Normans have the 506XDE on display as far as I know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

They didnt tell me that, but one of the factors as to why the tvs are so cheap and as to why you have to return the good is that online shops like technik dont buy the 12 months guarantee from Pioneer so they get the equipment alot cheaper then a shop here would, other factors could be VAT and basic supply and demand!!
    That could be the local guys just spining a line, most large retailers offer pan-european warranties.

What would be great is to get definitive 'what to do if something goes wrong' answers for the major brands - even a phone number or email address and an official note on what the consumer will need to do to claim under warranty.

For instance it should be possible to get a definitve answer from:
    http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/content/support/support/contact.html

If they forward it to audio visual imports (the distributor) at the very least you could forward avi's reply back to pioneer HQ if they insist they won't honour a warranty here in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

Agree with PH here.

Check with Pioneer and the shop/site you are buying from. I got assurances that all would be okay and have it in writing from katronics and I got my plasma delivered for 1,700 less than it was on sale in Harvey Norman.

Don't pay over the odds - do the research and see what suits you.
    Check out www.avforums.com for some great advice too. Get the plasma you want, just don't pay the highest price.

Advertisement