Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE Drama Hide and seek

• 21-03-2006 12:25am

Did anybody see this I only caught the last 20mins but it looks good
    Can anyone fill me in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

No wanted to see it but RTE put all there best shows on at the same time. Strange. Is it repeated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Dizzy Lass

Did anybody see this I only caught the last 20mins but it looks good
    Can anyone fill me in?

I caught the whole episode & thought it was great

Taken from RTE website:

Episode One (Day One) RTÉ One, Monday 9.30pm

To all appearances, PAUL HOLDEN has a perfectly ordinary life with a good job, a loving wife, EMMA and a ten-year old son, MATTHEW. However, Paul has been suffering lately from increasingly traumatic nightmares, relating to a terrible childhood tragedy that he witnessed, the drowning of his older brother, Mattie.

Soon, the disturbing images begin to invade his waking life, causing Paul slowly to lose his grip on reality. On a job, (as a refrigeration engineer), Paul cuts the palm of his hand, badly. He then assaults his boss, and is fired immediately. But he doesn't tell Emma. As with his nightmares, he keeps this all to himself; and puts on a brave face at his son's birthday party, a family event for which Paul's younger brother, GREG, travels from Manchester - where he works as a police officer.

Emma has informed Greg of Paul's odd behaviour of late, and Greg resolves to question his brother, over a pint, about what's got him so agitated. However, Greg's questions immediately alert Paul - and not without cause - to the notion that his family (including AUNTIE KATHLEEN and UNCLE CLEM, also attending the birthday party), have all been talking about him behind his back.

Soon, the stress (from the broken sleep and nightmares, but also from the constant whispering he perceives behind him) proves too much for Paul and, after a particularly distressing nightmare, he rises, takes his son from his bed and drives off into the night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is it repeated?

Advertisement