Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much is your insurance?

Options
  • 21-03-2006 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

How much are you paying for your insurance?

I have a 99' Golf 1.6 and I'm paying €580 fully comp.

Male, 25, through a broker (hibernian policy), 0 penalty points discount, partner discount, passed ignition test, 4yr No Claims, located Cork/Kerry, Full Licence for 6 years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

95 polo €1180 fully comp with quinn, 1 year ncb. 28 year old male. In dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

vw golf-1.4 sportsline 2005 model 1750 yoyos

21 yrs old and living in dublin with 2 yrs no claims discount.

hibernian direct, male

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you should all add in your insurance company aswell...

this is me

vw golf 1.4 comfortline 2004

mum, dad - fully comp
    me (19) - third party fire and theft

all drivers have a full license.

with FBD

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Cremo wrote:
    you should all add in your insurance company aswell...

this is me

vw golf 1.4 comfortline 2004

mum, dad - fully comp
    me (19) - third party fire and theft

all drivers have a full license.

with FBD

You should include your quote too :P

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

93 2.0 Safrane
    Hibernian
    €1650 with the partner discount. TPF&T
    24 , 2 years ncb (at time of taking out policy last may)

This year all indications are of a €1150 quote from hibernian, so I'll see what I can get it down to with shopping around.

Prices are dropping dramatically for me this year. I just checked hibernian and am getting quotes of €1240 for a 3.5 Honda Legend (hope to get one middle of next year)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,256 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

exactiv wrote:
    How much are you paying for your insurance?

I have a 99' Golf 1.6 and I'm paying €580 fully comp.

You really need to include age & gender for this thread to have any relevance at all.

Male (27): €860 fully comp on a '00 Alfa 156 1.6 litre

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Male 30, paying €505 Full Comp with FBD on a 2003 Toyota Avensis 1.8 Luna.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Male 30 paying €440 full comp with full no claims protection included on 06 opel zafira through a local broker. Its a hibernian policy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 jdwals

Male 28 - €980 fully comp with Quinn. Three years no claims bonus. '93 Honda Prelude 2.2 non Vtec.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Male(22) - Full licence, 1 years ncb, fully comp

2003 1.4 zetec focus

1600euro - quinn direct

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭jdc78

2005 Mini Cooper
    Second Provisional
    Full Comp, Fire and Theft

27 Male, Dublin

€1350 AIG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭Trampas

Seat Ibiza 03 1.4L Sports 100bhp

26 male 3 years ncb full licence

Was 25 at the time of the quote

€770 full comp

Eagle Star

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

34 Female 2yrs ncb Full Licence - 06 Punto Grande 1.2 €680 Full Comp with open cover - Quoteline. :D

Just got a quote for this year of €540 from AON. Happy Days!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Male

1.2 '97 Punto SX60

TPFT - Approx 1400(not too sure since the reduction after i passed my driving test) - Quinn Direct.

Full Licence - 1yr NCB.

Hoping to upgrade to a 1.6/8 in the summer for <€1000.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭Joeface

Male 28

1.6 Honda Integra 1994

Quinn Direct Fully Comp €665

5years NCB , Full license ........on a side not Fully comp was cheaper this year that third party which I had last year for €690

to make ppl with high insurance feel a bit better
    First year of driving in a 1.3 cost me £2500, second year in same car cost me €3500 , 3rd year was €1500, 4th year was €1200 first year in honda , and last year was €690.......im still payin the loan off for the first 2 years driving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

Male 22

VW Golf 1.4 2002 €2600 fully comp with Hibernian.. Had a 3yr no claims but lost it last year- mine own fault hands up. (was on 1600 before that on a polo)

Pain in the hole but ya gotta do the time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

23 Female

98 Punto SX60

First Provisional

1yr NCB

€690 - Quinn Direct - TPFT.

Rang around a few places and Hibernian wanted 1495 which is 200 more than my first year.:confused:

Jood wrote:
    23 Female

98 Punto SX60

First Provisional

1yr NCB

€690 - Quinn Direct - TPFT.

Rang around a few places and Hibernian wanted 1495 which is 200 more than my first year.:confused:
    ffs!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Male 29,
    VW Passat 1.9TDI
    Full UK License (12 years),
    Full no claims,
    Insured in Northern Ireland: Fully comprehensive w/ protected no claims €585

I'd like to know what excesses young drivers in the South have to pay. For all the things I've heard about the high premiums in the South, on the face of it the premiums seem to be cheaper than those faced by under 25s in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

1.4 LITRE 2003 FORD FOCUS
    3 years full license, 3 years no claim ( had 5 years but had an accident causing 300 euro damage to other car)

Got my renewal in the door the other day .insure.ie (mike murphy brokers ).
    1037 Euro fully comprehensive ..they told me they have researched the market and these were the best terms available for this year
    Rang them up ,told them i could get it for 850 euro elsewhere (even though i hadnt researched )
    Put me on hold,came back and they said my insurance premium would now be 820, they could match and beat the new offer i supposedly had

Amazing what one phone call can do ..saved myself 200 euro.
    I have the same telephone call every year with my insurer and every year they drop it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭exactiv

AXA are the best though. They seem to just make up random numbers. I rang them before my last renewal, they quoted €920 fully comp. I told them I had been offered fully comp for €420 and they said, well we can't go that low, but we'll give it to you for €640. They're a gas bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

VW Polo 1L
    Male 18
    First Povisional
    0 Pen Points
    0 NCB
    Quinn Direct
    TPFT
    €3400

Have my driving test next week after a 9 month wait & if I don't pass I might just kill myself:(

i wouldn't expect it to drop below 3k tbh. If you do pass then i recommend doing the ignition course asap and if you pass that go with Hibernian.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

97 Honda Accord 2.2 Vtech
    Male Aged 25
    Full Licence from Nov 05
    1 Year NCB

Insurance is up today. My renewal quote from Quinn is €1350. I'll probably go with €990 from 123.ie €4k excess though:eek:

Carb wrote:
    97 Honda Accord 2.2 Vtech
    Male Aged 25
    Full Licence from Nov 05
    1 Year NCB

Insurance is up today. My renewal quote from Quinn is €1350. I'll probably go with €990 from 123.ie €4k excess though:eek:
    they're good quotes based on your driving experience! I hope my quote goes down when i hit 23!! fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Carb

LundiMardi wrote:
    i wouldn't expect it to drop below 3k tbh. If you do pass then i recommend doing the ignition course asap and if you pass that go with Hibernian.

My borther is with Quinn, and his renewal quote was €900 euro cheaper than last years, ie €2600 in yr 1 and €1700 in year two. He is still on a provisional licence. Only difference to dceire is age and location. My brother is 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

LundiMardi wrote:
    I would have hoped it would, Brition have and ignition type couse could have got cover for €2700 for this year as Prov Driver but didn't find out about it until after i got insured :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

2005 Nissan Almera 1.5
    Male 33 main driver, me bird 35 as named.
    Full UK licence 15 years or so
    1 year no claims
    €760 fully comp from FBD. €120 excess,windscreen replacement, and breakdown cover. No claims protected for €54 extra.

Bloody brilliant I think. Down from €1200 last year with QD

MrP

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Just under €1000 comp. for a yet to be delivered Focus ST.

I am apparently "a model risk" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

24 Male
    License - 5 years
    NCB - 1 year

99' Vectra 2.0 Turbo Diesel

1100 with Quinn (down from 1600 last year)

Advertisement