Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great name for a hurricane forecaster

• 21-03-2006 2:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭

From here http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/03/20/story250174.html

Hurricanes set to hit US
    [/COLOR]
    20/03/2006 - 21:07:25

The 2006 US hurricane season – which runs from May 15 to November 30 – will be more active than normal but not as busy as last year, a weather company announced tonight.

Experts from AccuWeather.com, based in Pennsylvania, also said the US Northeast will be hit by a major hurricane within five years.

The firm said this year’s hurricane season will not quite top last year’s 26 named storms and 14 hurricanes, including the devastating Katrina along the Gulf Coast.

The chief forecaster of AccuWeather’s hurricane centre, Joe Bastardi, said the Northeast is overdue for a “powerful hurricane” and weather patterns in the oceans make it a question of when, not if.

Ok, so I'm drinking a few bottles of Miller, but I still thought it was funny.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Blue writing hurts my eyes:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Pedantic replies hurt my pride.
    Colour changed in order for the_syco to read and appreciate the OP :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Thats a funny name for anyone to have! But yeah, very fitting!

Advertisement