Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comic Challenge Round 1 : Best Entry

Options
  • 21-03-2006 2:21am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right, I've managed to leave it far far too long to do this, so...

What was your favourite entry from round 1? In case you've forgotten some or all of them (or managed to miss them completely), you can see them here.

If you want to comment on any or all of the entries, you can do so here.

Best Entry in Round 1? 18 votes

Sorcha Bowie
    0% 0 votes
    Bob Byrne
    5% 1 vote
    Chris Fite-Wassilak
    27% 5 votes
    Cormac Hughes
    22% 4 votes
    Greg O'Brien
    5% 1 vote
    Kyle Rogers
    16% 3 votes
    Sgraffito
    11% 2 votes
    Kevin Thompson
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bowie_closed

i vote for 'moi'...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I went for Chris Fite-Wassilak, not only because he has a cool name but also because I think his comic was excellent. Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Went for Kyle Roger's effort.

It seemed the most cohesive entry and told the best story.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

It was a though choice, but I like the style of the one I voted for.
    Fysh wrote:
    you can see them here.

btw the images dont show up in that link for firefox..

I think its because you need to do a forward slash not a backward slash in the url link..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

tba wrote:
    btw the images dont show up in that link for firefox..

I think its because you need to do a forward slash not a backward slash in the url link..

I thought I'd fixed that, but yes, Firefox does indeed seem to be acting like a little biatch for those images. Most of them work fine in IE (just confirmed from a work machine) but I remember having grief when I was testing them at home in Firefox...I'll tweak away at it again tonight and post here again when I get it fixed. If all else fails I'll attach the files to a post in this thread.

Edit

Should be fixed now, but let me know if it's still not showing up right for you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭CriminallyInsane

Lilith all the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Brother To God

I voted for Bob Byran cos he is a shiznit & a genius!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 chrisfw

bob's i think worked best within the form, a nice tight little circular joke done well! sorcha's uses humour very well as well, and I think greg o'brien's had the best use of text and dialogue. looking forward to the next round!

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

I think Chris Fite-Wassilak's is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 graceyrox

Extremelly talented art work and dynamic storytelling.:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement