Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from UL forum.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Nukem wrote:
    Right this will kinda sum it up for people who said i was too mean,harsh whatever.Imagine having someone that visits the forum only to bitch and moan and put the place down again and again. After several warnings to tone it down and if they had nothing constructive to say;say nothing at all. Rozie couldnt resist just getting some form of dig in.

Only comes into the forum to tell us all that he hates college and what a mistake he has made coming here. Been that way since the forum opened 2years ago. If that person was so bloody unhappy then leave! The only time he wasnt moaning about the place was when he wanted help with a project!

On reflection maybe i was a little harsh with ban but i could have banned him months ago for the persistant moaning and complaining,getting into fights with other boarders,flaming...etc..... Was just sick of reading the same thing...........and in my opinion completely untrue fabricated rubbish.

is it against the charter?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The charter is just a rough guideline.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Nukem wrote:
    Please use common sense when using this Forum
    From Charter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

For rosie this thread is a great result. This is exactly what he wants, lots of attention directed towards him.

Since you get a more immediate response and reaction with aggressive confrontational posts I suspect we’ll not be seeing an attitude change anytime soon.

This thread really has run its course and really only serves a vehicle for him to gather further attention for himself, so maybe it should just be closed.

You're talking about trolling when you're calling me a "he"? That's rich. Stop trying to be an e-psychologist, I'm probably much better at it than you anyway. Bigots don't make good psyches. I can safely say you have no idea how the inside of my head works, and are using 101 "How to use condescending psychiatric sounding language to be smug and patronising online" with little regard for anything like Individual Scenarios or Facts.

Again, people have been posting clever jackass responses like this one:
    Silverfish wrote:
    My work problems would be solved a lot quicker if someone looked into it, realised its a bunch of nonsense, and handed me 3 million euro.

instead of giving a single reason why the ban was right. I'm pretty sure I said something about people who don't have a clue what they're talking about it making a mockery of the situation instead of coming up with reasonable points.

The idea of me telling LGBT groups about the forum was to at least take a chance that it gets the negative reputation it deserves. I don't give a crap what I can and can't "demand".

I don't wish to cause the huge amount of noise this has caused but it's not just me doing it. I don't want to have a problem with the staff or the people but they're the ones that are choosing to react in the way they do.
    Stark wrote:
    I think Nukem passed braindeath stage from repeating this so I'll just say it, Rozie's entire history of posting on UL forums, previous bans and warnings were taken into account.

Bans and warnings which he set, and over similiar things to.
    Nukem wrote:
    Right this will kinda sum it up for people who said i was too mean,harsh whatever.Imagine having someone that visits the forum only to bitch and moan and put the place down again and again. After several warnings to tone it down and if they had nothing constructive to say;say nothing at all. Rozie couldnt resist just getting some form of dig in.

Only comes into the forum to tell us all that he hates college and what a mistake he has made coming here. Been that way since the forum opened 2years ago. If that person was so bloody unhappy then leave! The only time he wasnt moaning about the place was when he wanted help with a project!

On reflection maybe i was a little harsh with ban but i could have banned him months ago for the persistant moaning and complaining,getting into fights with other boarders,flaming...etc..... Was just sick of reading the same thing...........and in my opinion completely untrue fabricated rubbish.

Nukem, you're full of ****.

You're causing me a ****load of hassle and I've been keeping away from people even more so than usual. Do you think I deserve that? No. Did you see me doing anything other than causing a big mess like this? No. Therefore, you have to accept your responsibility.

Yeah, I have gotten into tiffs a lot. But you persistently sided against me. In a way it's your fault for making all the wrong decisions anyway.

You being sick of something does not qualify as a good reason as it just makes you sound completely selfish, and untrue fabricated rubbish is entirely subjective, not that most people online seem to have any idea what an opinion is anyway.

Actually, most of my posts are just "How do I do this" "okay, thanks". I post once in a while about something I don't like and a bunch of idiots makes a huge deal of it. I can't cause such inflamations if people aren't going along with it in the first place. And it's only in the last few months I've really been "bitching" about anything.

The fact is that people love this mess much moe than I do; I hate it. While I come off as a troll I'm not really at all. I'm generally massively frustrated. A troll purposely tries to set poeple off whcih I don't enjoy at all because once I do, I can't get a damn hing across(as if I could anyway).

Did it ever occur to you I'd have nice things to say if people got the hell off my back? I appreciate the help I'm given, but when people are on my back the moment I have a problem with anything, it all seems a little shallow.

Poor you and your appeal to emotion of "Oh can you imagine this person actually complaining about something on my forum..." I find it unforgivably disgusting that most people will no doubt take THAT appeal of emotion, a moderator being upset that his board isn't the way he wants it, with my experiences.

Most people in UL are relatively socially conservative, your homo/transphobia for example. That makes it really ****ing ****ty for someone like me, especially when a moderator goes totalarian on you. This is why it's stupid to pick me out because I'm arguing against half the board; I represent a lot of things which most people think are stupid anyway. Most people here are missing out on the point of a "Minority". It's nothing to do with "Not being a model TS"(Talliesin, and stop judging me by Aoife/Phantom if that's what you're doing as she can be a much bigger bitch than me), it's to do with me being a TS who doesn't like being stood on, as well as several other things which are morei mportant. Not every minority is going to feel mistreated even if there is a serious issue. Social rejection can be an individual issue still rooted in prejudice. At least I have an excuse for being so angry, or else I wouldn't have to be down to a shrink back in Ennis twice a month, and I feel socially rejected because of my issues, and don't even claim I'm not after calling me "he" in your last message. I should have a right to "whine" whether you like it or not, but unfortunately boards don't work like that. So the least you can do is make some attempt to allow it.

I've been constantly sided against anytime I've so much had an opinion with little to no backing in their arguments. People gang up with their supposed "common sense" without presenting any facts or logic. People keep convincing me UL is great when clearly it isn't, yet the other way around is the main reason I was banned. I get called "He" by people online even though I've made it clear how uncomfortable it makes me. I get bitched at for wanting anything at all to improve my miserable existence in this college.

Have you any idea how alone that makes me feel?

I'm sure most people will call this emotional trash, if you want to go all pretentious Alpha Male/Cold Bitch Anti-Emo, then you have to ignore Nukem's too.

This is a 2 way thing. I'll admit that I have been abrasive if you admit that you and a select few others on the boards have been equally so. Even now you're trying to frustrate me by enforcing the male gender role. You have never known me in real life so there is no excuse. It frustrates me even more how people don't see calling me "he" as an issue, or how people like Rev Hellfire can even be moderators. Hardly unbiased, is he?

I can't offer any more respect than that. But this isn't an entirely online thing because of the offline factor. Neither of us can hide behind our online guises forever and thus it is affecting me socially in a real manner and it's not fun in the least. People need to learn to stop hiding behind clear cut rules and basing their motives on circular reasoning, and start accepting the conseuqences of their actions, and that goes for both people like me and moderators.

Above all, people need to approach others online like human beings and not machines. As for the obvious rebuttal, human beings can't be perfect but that doesn't excuse things like this which are quite simply so easy NOT to do.

Me bitching about UL doesn't really affect anyone much if they don't want to hear it. Me being banned from the forum is affecting me. Anything else is a lie.

Though the end word is, I don't think anyone should have a right to bitch about me until they accept their part in it. Not being a model transgender(Talliesin) has nothing to do with it. It shouldn't be about that, but treating individuals with the dignity they deserve. Nukem, in my view, and probably in actuality, has not done anything to deserve any level of dignity as a moderator, as of yet.

If Nukem had been an approachable, reasonable moderator, this would not have occured. He was arrogant, one-track minded(still is, refuses to give this up even after he knows he did wrong) and dare I say abrasive through both the forums and PM. If the people of that board weren't constantly up for a fight, I wouldn't have fought either.

And once again, Might does not make right. This is your chance to prove little old me wrong.

Nukem wrote:
    From Charter

Oh that's not vague and a complete misuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Rozie,
    I've been following this thread for a while now and feel the need to have a say......
    I've been in UL for two years and worked near UL for the following year.
    It was "The BEST" college experience I have had-have also been in Galway and Castlebar in college.
    Now I dont know what made it the best of all three. Perhaps it was the people I met through the various clubs, getting to know people while on manys the night out, the friendliness of the majority of people there or the general atmosphere. Dont get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with either of the other places.
    Okay thats my opinion on UL-I wanted to get it out of the way.

Back to this thread......
    In the course of this thread you have brought up anything and everything looking for sympathy from other members.
    What is your main problem.....you have been warned in the past about your behaviour, you have all of the MODS of the forum agreeing with the banning, and more importantly you have the normal members of the forum agreeing with the ban.......
    Perhaps you should sit tight, learn your lesson, accept it and not cause the same problems in future. Its pretty easy to criticise something and give an honest opinion on something without pi**ing everyone off.

Kippy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

One of the main problems with a charter, is that some people think their the only rules that apply.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Examples:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054860490

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318620

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304784

To say nothing of a 'rumoured' PM
    You have never known me in real life so there is no excuse. It frustrates me even more how people don't see calling me "he" as an issue, or how people like Rev Hellfire can even be moderators. Hardly unbiased, is he?

I can't offer any more respect than that. But this isn't an entirely online thing because of the offline factor. Neither of us can hide behind our online guises forever and thus it is affecting me socially in a real manner and it's not fun in the least.

Bolded text is completely contradictory. Cant see how this has to do with anything offline tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Don't think you can comment much on PM's given what you sent after being banned this time Rozie.

Keep in mind this is ONLY a damn internet bulliten board ffs. Being banned from a single forum is causing you hassle? wtf? Grow up.

You constantly whinge and bitch about UL on the forum.

Go here and see how damn far your current attitude gets you.

Nobody in UL 'sides' against you. You bring up over and over again how much you hate being there and yak yak yak yet you never answered
    "Do you think it would be easier on you in any other college?"

Just because we don't agree with that your view of UL doesn't mean we love the place. As was said only recently, you make of it what you will but you really don't seem to make any bloody effort.

kippy wrote:
    Rozie,
    I've been following this thread for a while now and feel the need to have a say......
    I've been in UL for two years and worked near UL for the following year.
    It was "The BEST" college experience I have had-have also been in Galway and Castlebar in college.
    Now I dont know what made it the best of all three. Perhaps it was the people I met through the various clubs, getting to know people while on manys the night out, the friendliness of the majority of people there or the general atmosphere. Dont get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with either of the other places.
    Okay thats my opinion on UL-I wanted to get it out of the way.

Back to this thread......
    In the course of this thread you have brought up anything and everything looking for sympathy from other members.
    What is your main problem.....you have been warned in the past about your behaviour, you have all of the MODS of the forum agreeing with the banning, and more importantly you have the normal members of the forum agreeing with the ban.......
    Perhaps you should sit tight, learn your lesson, accept it and not cause the same problems in future. Its pretty easy to criticise something and give an honest opinion on something without pi**ing everyone off.

Kippy

Please don't make posts unless you've anything new to add. I've no doubt some people love UL, for whatever bizarre reason. Though my main problem with UL is how it's been recently as opposed to 2 years ago when it was okay. If my personal anecdote means nothing, neither does yours.

The truth is I'm not alone. I think this is a majority/minority people, with the "normal" people who go out drinking, play sports, see generic performer 2B, and the artsy people, who are in the minority. It's possible to cater for both, but the majority only hear themselves so nothing happens.

As for the rest of your post, it represents a lot of what frustrates me about people online. You talk of me "accepting my lesson" despite the fact that it's blantantly, and to be fair I'm not entirely alone in this, the moderator who's at fault in this particular scenario, and equally at fault in the long run.

You're saying something that's just a general consensus, the man in the forum, of what's been said rather than an individual insight. You're basing your views off traditional knowledge rather than what you've taught true and makes sense.

Check this thread for my views on Irish people online: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51086383

• Advertisement

Peteee wrote:
    Examples:

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054860490

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=318620

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=304784

To say nothing of a 'rumoured' PM

Bolded text is completely contradictory. Cant see how this has to do with anything offline tbh

That's silly. You don't have to know someone IRL for them to affect you socially. Mixing with people they mix with is sufficent.

Nukem wrote:
    From Charter

hmmm, maybe what i should have said was 'is being an annoying twat a bannable offence'.

i would have said no myself.

common sense applies to mods as well as users.

rozie wrote:
    BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

BLAH

oh for the love of god, why dont you shut up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

my sentiments exactly!!

hmmm, maybe what i should have said was 'is being an annoying twat a bannable offence'.

I could ask you the same question. If you don't want to dicuss this feck off. I'm no more at fault than you are. At least I'm not bitching about people bitching. That's just stupid, and what's even more stupid is blindly cheering it on.

Haven't you banned for the same before? :confused:

Can't think of a particular incident tho so I'm probably wrong :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Rozie, the seemingly extensive history of your sexuality has nothing to do with it. The only person it seems to be bothering is you. Somehow, I seem to have missed the memo that you expect went around telling us to treat you nicely because of it.

Frankly, you were treated as any other "normal" (your word, not mine) user would be.

Get over it.

You have deep rooted issues. You're taking all this far, far, far too personally. I'd advise you get them seen to.

kaimera wrote:
    Haven't you banned for the same before? :confused:

Can't think of a particular incident tho so I'm probably wrong :)

I think he has. He might have gotten banned for a fight I got into with him once, on some forum. I remember him being a troll alright, and a little sexist.

Rozie, the seemingly extensive history of your sexuality has nothing to do with it. The only person it seems to be bothering is you. Somehow, I seem to have missed the memo that you expect went around telling us to treat you nicely because of it.

Frankly, you were treated as any other "normal" (your word, not mine) user would be.

Get over it.

You have deep rooted issues. You're taking all this far, far, far too personally. I'd advise you get them seen to.

You didn't even read my post. Talleisin was the one who brought up my sexuality. In fact, because I was sure some smart ass would say that, I even put in "Talleisin" every time I mentioned it. Next time, I'll increase the font size.

My sexuality does have to do with my initial frustrations with the college though. It's not directly involved but it's still an important point to defend my behaviour. People always love to jump at "We don't hate you because you're gay, we hate you because you're ga- I mean, an idiot!", as it makes them feel both tolerant and well balanced as opposed to tolerant and P.C.

I don't see how I'm taking it "too personally" especially since I know some of the people supporting this rubbish. My flaws lie with a specific person, so it would be "Personal", yes. I think you're just looking for reasons why my "whining" is invalid without thinking them through.

Rozie wrote:
    My sexuality does have to do with my initial frustrations with the college though. It's not directly involved but it's still an important point to defend my behaviour.

answer the question you keep avoiding :

Would any other college be better for you?

Simple question.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Bleh, I could do with being called "the staff". It just keeps confirming that the entire universe isn't based inside my head as none of the imaginary users and people I invent there would call me that.

• Advertisement

True, but there comes a time when a user is just too much hassle to keep around. If nukem is spending most of his time editing Rozie's posts, deciding on day "I've had enough of this, I'm not spending time on this, the nex time a fight is about to start, I'll nip it in the bud."

I think thats a pretty valid reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Rozie wrote:
    The idea of me telling LGBT groups about the forum was to at least take a chance that it gets the negative reputation it deserves. I don't give a crap what I can and can't "demand".

They must be pretty sick of people bitching about gay forums at this stage.
    Rozie wrote:
    Bans and warnings which he set, and over similiar things to.

Over similar things been the main point. You should have learnt from previous mistakes or choose a different forum to post on, and yes there are other forums. In fact some people on the LGB forum recommened some very good transfriendly forums last time you posted there.
    Rozie wrote:
    Did it ever occur to you I'd have nice things to say if people got the hell off my back? I appreciate the help I'm given, but when people are on my back the moment I have a problem with anything, it all seems a little shallow.

Did it ever occur to you that people might do the same in return for you? Plenty of boards users have been nice to you but you've thrown everything back in their faces. Breathe, take a step back and you'll find people generally match like for like on boards.
    Rozie wrote:
    I can't offer any more respect than that. But this isn't an entirely online thing because of the offline factor. Neither of us can hide behind our online guises forever and thus it is affecting me socially in a real manner and it's not fun in the least. People need to learn to stop hiding behind clear cut rules and basing their motives on circular reasoning, and start accepting the conseuqences of their actions, and that goes for both people like me and moderators.

Noone is hiding behind clear cut rules. Like Nukem said, common sense is the prime directive on the forums. If the rules were clear cut and brutal, you would have been banned the first time you broke the rules but you weren't.
    Rozie wrote:
    This is a 2 way thing. I'll admit that I have been abrasive if you admit that you and a select few others on the boards have been equally so.

A select few others have been abrasive, not everyone. Have you ever stepped back and looked at how you treat the posters who have been kind and helpful to you? Do you not think that you bite the hand that feeds you quite a bit?
    Rozie wrote:
    Neither of us can hide behind our online guises forever and thus it is affecting me socially in a real manner and it's not fun in the least.

I say this to you and every poster who's ever thrown a full scale tantrum on account of boards. A website should not affect your private life. It should be something you feel you can click the close button on whenever it feels uncomfortable. A website is a resource but not every website provides the same service.

You came to boards looking for a certain service, you wanted to find something to help you with your issues. Boards has some facilities for giving community advice to people with issues, but (and I mean this as no offence to the fantastic PI mods and the posters who give their time there), it is very limited in that regard. There are other websites and even offline services that can fit your needs. In fact if you ask on LGB issues or PI issues, then I'm sure there's some poster who knows a few and can direct you there. They can't solve your issues on the spot though so don't expect them to. That was where you first went wrong in posting here.

One day, boards.ie could be a website you enjoy and love posting on. Many of our moderators started out on dodgy terms with the website in fact. For now though, you should take a break from something which obviously has you so frustrated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Rozie wrote:
    instead of giving a single reason why the ban was right. I'm pretty sure I said something about people who don't have a clue what they're talking about it making a mockery of the situation instead of coming up with reasonable points.

Here's a reason why the ban is right. Almost constant posting of a non constructive nature. Also highly abusive and uncivil PM's to Nukem. Numerous warnings to offer something constructive to the forum. Your complaints wouldn't have been so bad if they'd offered some kind of ideas on how to solve UL's problems. This would give any mod reason enough to ban you
    Rozie wrote:
    Nukem, you're full of ****.

Yet more personal abuse. Almost everyone on the UL board has been civil to you including Nukem, I challange you to point out an instance of blatant uncivil behaviour toward you.
    Rozie wrote:
    Most people in UL are relatively socially conservative, your homo/transphobia for example.

I think this is out of order. Who are you to say that most people in UL are relatively socially conservative. Accusing Nukem of homo/transphobia is out of line. I again ask you to provide an instance of where you've experienced this on the UL fourm.

Rozie wrote:
    People keep convincing me UL is great when clearly it isn't, yet the other way around is the main reason I was banned. I get called "He" by people online even though I've made it clear how uncomfortable it makes me. I get bitched at for wanting anything at all to improve my miserable existence in this college.

Have you any idea how alone that makes me feel?

I think the arguments that have been made in favour of UL are sensible. While not without its fault it is a good college. You complain that there is nothing for you in UL, you sound as if you expect things to be handed to you on a plate. Life doesn't work that way, you won't make friends or improve your existence in college without some effort on your part.
    Rozie wrote:
    This is a 2 way thing. I'll admit that I have been abrasive if you admit that you and a select few others on the boards have been equally so.

I'll admit to being blunt with you at times yes but not without reason. I believe most of the points I made were valid ones.
    Rozie wrote:
    If Nukem had been an approachable, reasonable moderator, this would not have occured. He was arrogant, one-track minded(still is, refuses to give this up even after he knows he did wrong) and dare I say abrasive through both the forums and PM. If the people of that board weren't constantly up for a fight, I wouldn't have fought either.

I've always found Nukem to be very approachable. Believe it or not we're not constantly up for a fight. On the other hand we are willing and able to debate things in a reasonable manner without descending into personal abuse and the like. We have made an effort to include you in the forums and you were even invited to a BULBS aswell to which I believe you responded with a "HA HA". What are we to infer from this reaction, the hand of friendship was extended and brushed off by you. I am certainly not judging you on any issues you have but what I will judge you on is your demeanour and how you act toward other people and so far it doesn't impress anyone.

Cheers
    Rory

LiouVille wrote:
    True, but there comes a time when a user is just too much hassle to keep around. If nukem is spending most of his time editing Rozie's posts, deciding on day "I've had enough of this, I'm not spending time on this, the nex time a fight is about to start, I'll nip it in the bud."

in which case you would have been banned. in which case, id be given free range to ban a lot of people. any mod would.

hey, i think i'll ban people who annoy me on a daily basis.
    well, liverpool and utd and pool fans are first against the wall.
    then everyone who posts on the 'im single and want to flirt' type threads.
    next we head over to PI and ban all the 'i dont know what to say in a text' people.

you know, coz i cant be spending my time argueing with these people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Rozie wrote:
    Please don't make posts unless you've anything new to add. I've no doubt some people love UL,
    ......<SNIP>...........
    Check this thread for my views on Irish people online: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=51086383

This has got to be the most condescending, offtopic, self absorbed rant I have seen on Boards.

Rozie its a constant amazement to me that you havent imploded under your own sense of outrage.

Several SMods think Nukem used his judgement in a reasonable manner, a far smaller number of posters (Some mods) didnt. On balance Nukem was deemed to have acted within his remit. Get over it.

You are death to 90% of the threads you post on and you wonder why you get banned? Cop On.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

PS Rozie: Have you checked if the LGB society in UL is still active?

in which case you would have been banned. in which case, id be given free range to ban a lot of people. any mod would.

hey, i think i'll ban people who annoy me on a daily basis.
    well, liverpool and utd and pool fans are first against the wall.
    then everyone who posts on the 'im single and want to flirt' type threads.
    next we head over to PI and ban all the 'i dont know what to say in a text' people.

you know, coz i cant be spending my time argueing with these people.

I recognised that when I posted it. Point stands, if a moderator is spending an unacceptable number of hours moderating one user, who always seems to get into trouble, I see a cause to ban.

LiouVille wrote:

He was spending "most his time" editting my posts because he was censoring my opinions.
    kaimera wrote:
    answer the question you keep avoiding :

Would any other college be better for you?

Simple question.

Yeah, UCC, I have more friends down there than I have up here. Probably anywhere in Galway or Dublin. Anywhere that's not as "small town" as Limerick.
    Over similar things been the main point. You should have learnt from previous mistakes or choose a different forum to post on, and yes there are other forums. In fact some people on the LGB forum recommened some very good transfriendly forums last time you posted there.

But since this was being banned for having an opinion, that would make the original warnings and bans invalid if they were. So that doesn't make sense.
    Did it ever occur to you that people might do the same in return for you? Plenty of boards users have been nice to you but you've thrown everything back in their faces. Breathe, take a step back and you'll find people generally match like for like on boards.

What boards users? Maybe for like, two posts, then they jump in with the rest of the hooligans. A small handful, yeah, but most are just like the morons in the topic I linked to earlier.
    I say this to you and every poster who's ever thrown a full scale tantrum on account of boards. A website should not affect your private life. It should be something you feel you can click the close button on whenever it feels uncomfortable. A website is a resource but not every website provides the same service.

Dude, listen. That forum is for UL. I go to UL. I know some of the people, IRL, who go to that forum, or know people who mix with them. Some of those people have acted like huge jackasses and it's not something you *should* ignore in real life.
    Here's a reason why the ban is right. Almost constant posting of a non constructive nature. Also highly abusive and uncivil PM's to Nukem. Numerous warnings to offer something constructive to the forum. Your complaints wouldn't have been so bad if they'd offered some kind of ideas on how to solve UL's problems. This would give any mod reason enough to ban you

Quite right. They would have been much better if I had gotten to give sme ideas. Too bad they got ****ing deleted, or i got banned, before I was given a chance to reply with my own ideas. Every time.

Constructive depends on how you look at it. I wasn't trying to attack people in most of my topics, that came later.
    Yet more personal abuse. Almost everyone on the UL board has been civil to you including Nukem, I challange you to point out an instance of blatant uncivil behaviour toward you.

Nukem has not been civil to me. Just because he hasn't lashed out angrily does not mean he has been "civil" and I suggest you read up on various social definitions. He has been positively abhorrent.
    I think this is out of order. Who are you to say that most people in UL are relatively socially conservative.

A person with eyes, ears, and as much as I'm sure it will surprise the people who are very unoriginal at jokes, a brain.
    Accusing Nukem of homo/transphobia is out of line.

After he called me a ****ing "he" on purpose after I told him not to. How can you even say that with a straight face!? Are you *trying* to make it look blatant you're just sucking up to him?

Banning me for expressing my opinion is "Out of line". But nobody gives a crap out of that. People here always listen to the person who challenges them the least.
    I again ask you to provide an instance of where you've experienced this on the UL fourm.

I would, but I'm banned! Hah.
    I think the arguments that have been made in favour of UL are sensible. While not without its fault it is a good college. You complain that there is nothing for you in UL, you sound as if you expect things to be handed to you on a plate. Life doesn't work that way, you won't make friends or improve your existence in college without some effort on your part.

I don't recall ever asking for anything on a plate, just pointing out things that need to be change. People have a habit of using strawman arguments in scenarios like this.
    I'll admit to being blunt with you at times yes but not without reason. I believe most of the points I made were valid ones.

I wasn't attacking you, I liked you quite a lot. Now after seeing some of the things you've said here I'm not so sure.
    We have made an effort to include you in the forums and you were even invited to a BULBS aswell to which I believe you responded with a "HA HA".

Because that was right after I got warned/banned for something ridiculous. Why would I want to face people I percieved as a bunch of inept loosers who had it in for people who didn't like their college?
    You are death to 90% of the threads you post on and you wonder why you get banned? Cop On.

That's a completely one-sided view. That's presuming that people aren't obsessively attacking something I'm saying, which definitely isn't true.

I suggest that anyone who's convinced that nobody has it in for me, and that everything is my fault and not just inherent reaction of people on this board to being challenged with certain ideals that make them feel insecure or uncomfortable, you check this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...php?p=51086383
    This has got to be the most condescending, offtopic, self absorbed rant I have seen on Boards.

Are we just throwing around buzz-words now? How can the first post of a thread be off-topic? How can it be self absorbed when I'm commenting on either people, and not hinting either way whether I'm guilty of the same? How can it be condescending(Rev Hellfire's posts are condescending as he talks over my head, for example) when I wasn't talking over anyone's head?

Honestly.

LiouVille wrote:
    I recognised that when I posted it. Point stands, if a moderator is spending an unacceptable number of hours moderating one user, who always seems to get into trouble, I see a cause to ban.

oh, i understand where youre coming from joe. and i agree, rozie is annoying, but i actually do fail to see why a moderator deems it neccessary to spend ages moderating this user.

i mean, do the users posts need to be removed?
    how has rozie been moderated, apart from banned for being an annoying twat?

personally i think rozie is funny. but if i wanted too, i could ignore her/him/it/whatever.

perhaps we ought to have a voteban option on boards, enough people want to get rid of a user for good reasons, then away they go :)

as long as i cant be put on that list :)

• Advertisement

oh, i understand where youre coming from joe. and i agree, rozie is annoying, but i actually do fail to see why a moderator deems it neccessary to spend ages moderating this user.

i mean, do the users posts need to be removed?
    how has rozie been moderated, apart from banned for being an annoying twat?

personally i think rozie is funny. but if i wanted too, i could ignore her/him/it/whatever.

perhaps we ought to have a voteban option on boards, enough people want to get rid of a user for good reasons, then away they go :)

as long as i cant be put on that list :)

You know, I think that we ought to actually solve problems without banning people, except in extreme cases, like the internet used to do when it wasn't quite as much so a steaming pile of cack. But that's just a ridiculous notion, actually doing things that might end up fair for everyone. Might makes right!

If Nukem was spending an "unacceptable amount of time" editting my posts, then he was either very slow or editting even more posts uncessarily that I missed out on. A big argument happened maybe once a month, or every two weeks. That's something most forums should get anyway, but before I started posting on the degradation of UL there was no clash of views. I tihnk that's a problem, oncepeople start disagreeing where nobody did, it will always cause problems. So obvious the person who disagrees gets the blame.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement