Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any ideas on how to get this hairstyle?

• 21-03-2006 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Whats it called if it has a name? :p

Any alternative to asking my barber to do this for me? Since she is a total muppet and I would prefare just to be able to do it myself. Then I can also see if it suits me, by doing it myself first.

Its special D's haircut, ive seen it plenty of times before though on other people. Its like a non shiny but I assume its gell'ed.

I wouldnt bother with the highlights or whatever you call the blondey bits, just keep my hair as it is in this style :p

speciald.jpg
    special_d.jpg

heres a youtube video of his song just so you can get a better view of it I guess.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hP9oGSufA64&search=special%20d

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I believe it's something to do with applying a lot of hairgel, and then rubbing your head with a towel as if you were drying it.

Or by the looks of that guy, getting his boyfriend to blow his load into his hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sharza-

I believe it's something to do with applying a lot of hairgel, and then rubbing your head with a towel as if you were drying it.

Or by the looks of that guy, getting his boyfriend to blow his load into his hair.

haha i knew it wouldnt be long before there was some abuse :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sharza- wrote:
    haha i knew it wouldnt be long before there was some abuse :D

Abuse? Not at all, I meant it purely as a good-natured joke. Besides, I did offer genuine advice aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Sharza-

Abuse? Not at all, I meant it purely as a good-natured joke. Besides, I did offer genuine advice aswell.

no no dont get me wrong, i know you were only takin the mick, and i thought it was funny :D

and ill try what you mentioned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Hahahahaha. I'd say you're on the right track with the advice too!

Edit: The other advice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

can u not just show the pic to your hairdresser.
    and if she's a muppet, i suggest finding a new hairdresser....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

ha ha, v good.

karl hungus is right, just get it cut to required length and style it yourself.

this stuff is good, you can get it in boots.

it's the putty stuff i use, but couldn't find a picture of that, looks like this one though.

http://www.sesto-senso.com/fish-fishpaste.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Get yourself some VO5 Re-work Fibre Putty.

Thats what I use and if you dont go putting shíte loads of it into your hair is still remains non greasy looking but will hold whatever way you want it to. ;)

http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Vo5_Extreme_Rework_Fibre_Putty_150ml.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Whirl

If you want your hair styled that can hold and has a dry look to it your looking for a product that gives you the mat type effect.

The 2 recommendations on products i would use myself:

Shockwave xtrovert rough 'n' ready clay.
    Advantages: This is pretty good to use for short hair. Holds good for short hair and doesnt leave your hair look or feel greasy or wet, you can buy this in any boots store for just under 5 euro. Easy to use because its a liquidy type product.
    Disadvantages: Crappy for long hair

Sebastian xtah crude clay.
    Advantages: This works even with long hair styles and i find it generally lasts longer in hair compare to shockwave's product. Yet again doesn't leave your hair wet looking or greasy. The tub that you get it in lasts a very long time aswell.
    Disadvantages: A tub of this stuff costs around 25 euro. I have only found one place in dublin that sells it which is Foundation just off Georges street in town beside the 747 travel agency(cant miss there sign going down that road). Also this stuff is harder to use if you arent exactly sure what you're doing because its a rather solid type product which makes it hard to mess into your hair if you're not sure what you're doing.

Advertisement