Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody know....

Options
  • 21-03-2006 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭

How long after getting a tattoo you can go back to playing sports?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

I'm go to the gym the day after my sessions and beside a small bit of pain its fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

Sweet that will do me anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

It's probably best to wait until after its healed because sweat can effect the finished product.

No it can't, if it did every tattoo would look be effected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Tommicrazy

you should not to go for gym same about one-two weeks, the healing time is depended from your tatto size

• Advertisement

No it can't, if it did every tattoo would look be effected.

Heavy sweating while healing should be avoided.

I disagree completely with it any actual studies done on this or just heresay?

I'm not going to look for a study for or against the advice(If any even exist). I was given this advice before and I think it's quite logical when you think of the scabbing and heavy sweating from a gym work out. Sweat is not only only reason to avoid the gym while your tattoo is healing either because abrasions, over straining tissue, getting a stretch mark or touching contaminated surfaces with an open area can also occurr.

One if your tat is scabbing heavy your not looking after it properly, completely don't get you on the straining thing? You have to put on a load of weight over a short period of time to get stretch marks. And touching a conaminated area can happen anywhere.

The benefits as i see them are exercise boost your metabolism which boost your immune system which means faster recovery times from injurys. Also i've never seen someones tats get damaged from training and in my line of work there's a lot of heavily tattooed people who can't stop training and all their tats look good.

Well theres no right or wrong here, just possiblities. It's up to the individual whether they want to risk it or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

I don't honestly know if maybe this is part of the reason but heavy exercise would up your blood pressure so if the scab isn't yet well formed it may cause more weeping from the tattoo. I've only ever been told to avoid the gym for a few days after getting a tattoo, perhaps this is why?

Advertisement