Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw 316

Options
  • 21-03-2006 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Lads, a 01 BMW 316 saloon. Are there different litre engines available?
    I thought they were all 1.9 litre, but i was told last night a guy looked at a 1.6 version of it...any thoughts...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

To my knowledge the 316i in 2001 had a 1.9 litre petrol engine. The only possibility is that maybe the 316i Compact from the previous generation could have had a 1.6 engine but I think this was also 1.9 in 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

My 318 has a 1.9litre (1895cc)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

Wavey wrote:
    My 318 has a 1.9litre (1895cc)

yep yours would be tuned more than the 316 but basically same powerplant unless i am mistaken.....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The one thing to note also is that in the middle of 2001 BMW introduced the valvetronic engine to the 3 Series. It was 1.9 also but had more bhp than the old engine. I think the difference was that the 4 cylinder valvetronic engines were 16 valve.

If you are buying one make sure you try and get one of the valvetronic models, if you can stretch to a 318i all the better. I have no idea how to tell the difference visually between the old and new engined models though.

Advertisement