Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line test fail

• 21-03-2006 10:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

a friend of mine used to have eircom bb but it was disconected when the free trial was over as she didnt ring to let them know she would be keeping it.that was nearly a year ago i think, the thing is she rang yesterday to get reconnected n was told her line now fails the test:confused: what reason could there be for this? any ways eircom said they will do another test tomorrow n get back to her. if it fails again does that mean shes arsed for other providers too? ntl aint an option n ibb is the last( oh plz god no) option.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Do a search here. There have been many posts on this subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

sry should have checked first;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

peepsbates wrote:
    a friend of mine used to have eircom bb but it was disconected when the free trial was over as she didnt ring to let them know she would be keeping it.that was nearly a year ago i think, the thing is she rang yesterday to get reconnected n was told her line now fails the test:confused: what reason could there be for this? any ways eircom said they will do another test tomorrow n get back to her. if it fails again does that mean shes arsed for other providers too? ntl aint an option n ibb is the last( oh plz god no) option.

If she didn't ring up to cancel it after the trial then your entered into an Automatic contract afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

To reiterate what 'The Real B-man' said:
    Broadband might already be enabled on the line. Line tests are carried out on the assumption that the line is analog and not already digital, the reps on the phone probably don't know or realise what the problem is when the line is already digital/Broadband. Do the reps you have spoken to know that Broadband was already enabled on the line?

The next time you call tell them you were told by the last guy to talk to someone senior in the Broadband team, my point is callcentres are very hit and miss when it come to tech support of any kind.

Advertisement