Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Who

Options
  • 21-03-2006 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Does anyone Season two is sheduled to start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

I'm persuming it's gonna be around the same time as last year

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

trishw78 wrote:
    I'm persuming it's gonna be around the same time as last year

yeah it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Can't seem to find a definitive answer, may be somewhere here!! http://www.scifi.com/doctorwho/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There as no defnite answer recently. Even www.gallifreyone.com didn't have a definitive answer but the one that's been touted (without confirmation) is April 16 I think (although it's difficult to find on the site itself).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

ixoy wrote:
    There as no defnite answer recently. Even www.gallifreyone.com didn't have a definitive answer but the one that's been touted (without confirmation) is April 16 I think (although it's difficult to find on the site itself).
    Came accross that date too, but the reference was very vague.

• Advertisement

It's definetely April 15th now. 7:00 pm to be precise. Check the gallifreyone homepage for loadsa details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

After tonight's episode I'm liking Mr. Tennant a lot better than Mr. Eccleston! He was a bit of a prat but the new one's decent :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

tonights episode looks great - period costume + indusitrial spaceships + killer robots = always a favorite of mine.
    check out the Tardisode http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/tardisodes/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It's not season 2 tis season 28 :)

Thaedydal wrote:
    It's not season 2 tis season 28 :)

I thought we were already in the 30's

• Advertisement

I thought we were already in the 30's
    No, we're not.

Seasons 1-3 ('63-'66) - William Hartnless
    Seasons 4-6 ('66-'69) - Patrick Troughton
    Seasons 7-11 ('69-'74) - John Pertwee
    Seasons 12-18 ('74-'81) - Tom Baker
    Seasons 19-21 ('81-'84) - Peter Davison
    Seasons 22-23 ('84-'86) - Colin Baker
    Seasons 24-26('87-'89) - Slyvester McCiy
    --TV Movie (1996) --
    Season 27/"Season 1" (2005) - Christopher Eccleston
    Season 28/"Season 2" (2006) - David Tennent

That's all the televised seasons unless you want to get into aprocyphal areas like Season 6b ;)

ixoy wrote:
    That's all the televised seasons unless you want to get into aprocyphal areas like Season 6b ;)

I won't. I'll be good, I promise :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what days are they on tv in england? it ain't on tv here at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭foxybrowne

Cybermen are back! Good stuff. Anyone see a similarity between Davros and Lumic? Will we get the inevitable battle of wits between the Doctor and the crazy guy? Its a bit far fetched that the Time Lords are suddenly all dead, bet there just hiding out in the N-Space etc.

Well to be fair foxy, the Time Lords aren't "just dead". They've been dead since the beginning of Season 27/1 with the whole Dalek/Time War. I would like to see them delve more into this but we probably won't (and, for what it's worth, I far prefer the whole Faction Paradox-Gallifrey destruction from the BBC Novels. That's way cooler).

Enjoyed the Cybermen this time around - far more menacing than before (especially seeing the different models on BBC3's "Doctor Who Confidential" afterwards). Not sure I like the new villain - I'd prefer Vaughn from IE (from the original series) and not this sorta "Professor X" type but what the hey - the original assimilators are back: in your FACE Borg.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Yeah, the Cybermen always scared me more than the Daleks. Even as a kid I didn't get how the Daleks were so scary. It was probably the voice.

none of you bastards answered my question!

Saturday evenings twixt 7:10 pm and 7:30pm.
    Really Mordyboots have you forgotten how to google ?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

But how can you expect to google... FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE!

*giggle*
    sorry, was just a classic moment from the cybermen episode ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Worst part of tonight's episode: That it had to end.

Man, brilliant stuff. I would have preferred if they followed through more on the aftermath of the emotion chip being disabled rather than the cybermens' heads exploding but they were walking the line for a kid's tv show as it is :)

So, Mickey staying on the parallel Earth because he fell in love with Jake: Obvious, very obvious or bleeding obvious? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I must say I'm really of two minds right now on Doctor Who. I thought the first part of the cybermen was ok, but the second really was rather poor. Stick this number in and the whole things sorted, piff paff poodle.

I did really enjoy Tooth and Claw and Girl in the Fireplace is excellent. And while school reunion had an interesting side plot of the old assistant the less said of the main plot line the better.

The show really looks like it has potential but is rather hit and miss. Then again maybe its just a kids programme and I'm looking for too much from it.
    I miss battlestar.

Well it is just a kid's programme.

Should be interesting to see what they make of Torchwood as that is supposed to be an adult's show unlike Doctor Who.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

'Just' a kids show? The best childrens telly can be watched by anyone.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

show with the best bouncebackability imo

mike65 wrote:
    'Just' a kids show? The best childrens telly can be watched by anyone.

Mike.

I'm just saying it might disappoint those who except certain things unique to an adult's sci-fi show such as Battlestar Galactica (grimness, harsh realities, "adult" situations etc.). Personally I love the show, kid's show or not.

It is not strictly a kids show it is infact a 'family' show, hence it's before the 9 o'clock viewing time.
    Ok when we were kids ourselves it seemed a hell of a lot more scarey.
    My own two watch it as I did on the sofa cushions ready for the scarey bits asking will the dr win.
    Personally I think that it is great to be able to watch it with my brats, it is a lot better 'family' viewing then ****e soap operas.
    Yes, these season seems to be slightly weaker so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

ah come on, any show would have trouble topping that scary masked ww2 kid from last season.

heebiest of jeebies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Thaedydal wrote:
    Yes, these season seems to be slightly weaker so far.
    It started off weak, imo, but has been getting better by the episode. Took me a while to get used to the new guy but he seems to have something going for him afterall.

Great show anyway... just easy going great fun.

ummm.. quick question.. I thought I remember the doctor saying in s1 of the new one that he didn't carry weapons or somesuch.....

what did he do to the robot men then at the beginning of the second ep of that two parter? it looked like a weapon..

was I just remembering wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Mordeth wrote:
    ummm.. quick question.. I thought I remember the doctor saying in s1 of the new one that he didn't carry weapons or somesuch.....

what did he do to the robot men then at the beginning of the second ep of that two parter? it looked like a weapon..

was I just remembering wrong?

It was the little crystal thing that he was waiting to charge up.

Advertisement