Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham v Liverpool

• 21-03-2006 11:42am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭

Fowler being cup tied ain't going to pose any real problems.
    I can see a bit of player rotation going on here, with Gerrard probably being taken off half way through the second half again.
    I'm going for comfortable a 0-2 Liverpool win...though certainly no walkover.

S.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Birmingham havent been playing too well of late and it seems like liverpools strikers have finally found their scoring touch as well. But ni saying that, it is an FA cup quarter final and anything can happen, but im going for liverpool to take it 2-1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Momo Sissoko back in the squad tonight. Great to see!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Not a clue how this gonna go. It may all depend on the formation Benitez plays - it looked like a 3-5-2 at the weekend.

Birmingham have problems with Dunn and Jarosik injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭marky4

liverpools team is gonna be

reina
    cara hypia agger

kronkam alonso gerrard riise/warnock

garcia kewell

crouch

well i hope its that team, and liverpool will win 3-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭ishnid

Of course, Liverpool haven't exactly being doing well against Brum of late. Two draws in the league this season (and the draw in St. Andrews was Birmingham's first home point of the season) and two defeats last season, one of which I had the misfortune of seeing in person. Time to put this "bogey team" thing to bed, methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i can see this being a tough one for liverpool maybe a late 2-1 win for them

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Birmingham have far more important priorities than the FA cup and with that in mind I think Liverpool will win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i heard gerrard has a late fitness test? am i right? great to see momo back.. i do hope they keep the wingbacks - back to the roy evans days minus the spice boys of course....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Call_me_al wrote:
    i heard gerrard has a late fitness test? am i right? great to see momo back.. i do hope they keep the wingbacks - back to the roy evans days minus the spice boys of course....
    They'll be checking the fitness of all the players due to playing only 2 days ago. Benitez was mentioning the fitness of both Gerrard and Carragher because he was saying the FA was putting the fitness of their internationals at risk on account of their match scheduling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think Bruce will know the benefits of a good cup run on the team, so I can see Brum really going for it tonight. That said, it'd play right into Liverpools hands, so to really go for it, he might sit back and defend, try hit them on the break. That said, he does not want a replay, it has to end tonight.

Liverpool have been playing quite well lately, but I dont think as well as some people think, so I expect it to be tight. Liverpool should win, but I wouldn't be suprised to see Brum pull it out of the bag. They are probably going down, which will only further there desire. I still crave so much to see a championship team in europe, so :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Can the brummies pulling this one off, they've been a thorn for LFC for a while now, form goes out the window for cup games.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

PHB wrote:
    That said, he does not want a replay, it has to end tonight.

There are no replays in these games to avoid further fixture congestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

word is momo and riise start tonight? not confirmed though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not even going to try to predict the line up or formation, I'll just say squad rotation is the watch phase right now....

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I'm hoping to get a look at this formation from the other night, only caught glimpses of the Newcastle game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

As been said, B'ingham have been tricky in the last while.

I'd hope Rafa takes it more serious than last year and get some good play together.

I'll take a 1-0 win if we play well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

I feel that pool will win this by at least 2 goals, by more if they score early, Birmingham have way too many injury problems to hope to cause an upset.

Team news
    Reina,
    Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Traore
    Gerrard, Sissoko, Alonso, Riise,
    Garcia
    Crouch.

Dudek, Kromkamp, Kewell, Cisse, Morientes.

Thats my formation but wingbacks could be used again

Reina-
    Carra---Hyypia
    Traore
    Finnan
    Riise
    Gerrard---Sissoko---Alonso
    Garcia
    Crouch

Mike.

hopefully the pool win it 2-1 as i have a few quid on it

Roflessssssss! Hyypia scores. 52 seconds.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

:)

Crouch 2! This could be a cricket score if they push it.

Mike.

Traore off, Riise back and Kewell on.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Problem with Momos shades. Hes having a crackin game though its all gone a bit quiet now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

3-0. Crouch for hat-trick?

spoke too soon!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Problem with Momos shades. Hes having a crackin game though its all gone a bit quiet now

Condensation apparently, I can see the headline in one of the rags tomorrow "Liverpool midfielder is a steamer shocker!!!":p

Gwan Crouch!

I think it might be wise to get Momo off at half time. I'd hate it if he damaged his eye in some mid-air challange.

Mike.

Disagree Mike. He needs confidence. Read his interview on .tv. wentthrough an awful time IMO it would be great to give him 70+ minutes and let him get a few tackles in and be tackled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Fair play to Sissoko, whatever about his physical condition, the injury must have taken a real mental toll. He's slotted right back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Sissoko is a superb, energetic, exciting player - glad I've been saying that since day one, while others said he was "rash" and such. He has buckets of energy and so, so much potential and - of the whole Liverpool squad - is definitely the one to watch for the future. Glad to see him slotting back in.

Back to the match though - 3-0, I can't believe it! That's 11 goals in three games - albeit, against three weak sides, but still, eleven goals nevertheless! This time two weeks ago, we would have been hoping for six goals max in these games... it seems as though the drought is over folks (and, it's worth noting, this drought ended as soon as Benitez issued a public challenge to the strikers...)

Its also worth noting he was willing to tweak formations too. That said as I'm not watching (listening) I don't know if its 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 or 3-5-1-1 (ish)

Just heard it said tonights is the 51st game of the season ??????! :eek:

Mike.

Cisse is warming up....hope he's not on before Crouch gets his hat-trick. Its Morientes coming on. Crouch off. :(

Mike.

in the first half Garcia and Gerrard were swapping seemingly at will. Crouch may be coming off now

Moro on for Crouch

• Advertisement

Morientes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (heck it must be easy if he's scored! ;) )

Mike.

this could be a 6 niler

Lovely build up by Garcia and Gerrard for that one, made it look easy for Moro.

We can't stop our strikers scoring nowadays!

out of interest on what media are people listening/watching this?

Cisse is coming on for Gerrard.

Riise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5-0. Tradmark left foot shot at about 100 mph.

Monkey I'm listening to BBC fivelive.

Mike.

• Advertisement

sky sports 1

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

BBC's webiste is streaming it live and have Kewell as coming on twice.

Reina, S Finnan, J Carragher, S Hyypia, D Traore (22 H Kewell) , X Alonso, S Gerrard, M Sissoko (22 H Kewell) , J Riise, P Crouch (56 F Morientes) , S Luis Garcia
    Subs: J Dudek, J Kromkamp, H Kewell, D Cisse, F Morientes

Weird.

5-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

Riise what a cracker!!! :D:D:D:D

Riise with a screamer, get in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Riise what a cracker!!! :D:D:D:D

Grrrrrrrrr.... why didn't BBC show this?!

The police are preparing for the worst when the final whistle goes and Bruce and the team have to get within spiting distance of the fans.

Mike.

Oh no 6-0! This is getting silly.

Mike.

6-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

NoelRock wrote:
    Grrrrrrrrr.... why didn't BBC show this?!
    Sky and BBC have a 50/50 deal on the FA cup ASFAIK.

Asolutle slaughter of Birmingham. They are all over the place, Think that Bruce is out of a job now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement