Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Birmingham v Liverpool

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

what are the odds on bruce resigning after this terrible result

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

county wrote:
    what are the odds on bruce resigning after this terrible result

About 500/1 on!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

What the **** did Rafa put in the water???

Who got the 6th? The tv's been taken away from me.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

6-0, they're spoiling us tonight.

(Am watching on the net - can't tell if the commentators are chinese or glaswegian drunks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What chance a shock 1-6 scoreline? ;)

Mike.

mikes in heaven:rolleyes:

7-0 this is bad,really bad for birmingham

Cisse!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7-0. If only Fowler was'nt cup-tied it would have been a full house, St Andrews is meanwhile an emptying one...County yes its great.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

AHAHAHAHAHA... brilliant! 15 goals in 3 games. 15!!!

• Advertisement

And that's that.

NoelRock wrote:
    And that's that.
    yes for bruce

county wrote:
    yes for bruce

Ha, they won't fire him at this stage of the season.....

...or will they :eek: ?

Well, I guess I should be thanking Liverpool for truly breaking Birmingham's spirit before the weekend :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

go on ya boyas!

The floodgates have opened. Its good to see the scoring touch has returned, after all the spurned chances of the season.

Would like Morientes to look happier scoring though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

thats put me in a great mood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

So has he resigned yet? booed off the pitch too and they were singing something about him during the match, didn't quite catch what they said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

amazing game. now all we need is a newcastle victory and we are on for Liverpool - West Ham final....

good to see all our strikers score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

NoelRock wrote:
    AHAHAHAHAHA... brilliant! 15 goals in 3 games. 15!!!

Pity they couldn't do it when it mattered (benfica).

True sjones. I suppose that's why they call it form: it changes.

sjones wrote:
    Pity they couldn't do it when it mattered (benfica).
    Might have been the catalyst. If they had scrapped their way through they might have convinced themselves that there were no problems. Maybe that defeat made them all take a good look at themselves, and bring out this ruthlessness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Excellent performance from Liverpool.

Great to see Sissoko back. You could see he was lacking in touch, and his passing was off at time too, but his energy and disruptiveness was like he was never missing. No surprises that we kept a clean sheet with him back. Once he gets his touch and passing straight, he is going to be a great player.

What a goal by Risse, great to see him back too.

While it was disappointing to see Crouch not get a chance of his hatrick it's great to see Liverpool getting their priorities right. Crouch will start and probably play the full 90 on Saturday, which is far more important. Andy Gray hit the nail completely on the head. I was disappointed when we didn't go for it against Newcastle, but tonight was the flip side of that, let's hope we are as content on Saturday.

You had to feel sorry for Birmingham. Some of their players really put it in. I thought Pennant was dangerous, Forsell too, if only he had some support. Have to feel for Maik Taylor too. Mistakes aside, anyone that gets beaten by Cisse must be embarassed.

Also did anyone notice the crowd booing Alex Bruce when he came on? Or was that just me? He didn't get much of th e ball and when he did he usually laid it straight off, but I thought I could hear a hissing any time he got it.

Might have been the catalyst. If they had scrapped their way through they might have convinced themselves that there were no problems. Maybe that defeat made them all take a good look at themselves, and bring out this ruthlessness.
    I don't think there is any "might" about it.

Liverpool have been dominating games and creating plenty of chances for months, it was only a matter of time before things started going their way.

I think they were booing steve by proxy through alex. A bit unfortunate really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

great result. delighted. All those 1-0 were we had plenty of chances to score more but never took them, seems too of turned the corner now. 15 goals in 3 games is excellent.

Too think, if we have of pushed forward again newcastle it could of been more! :D

Sets up the game against everton perfectly. Both teams on form at the minute, should be a cracker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

RE*AC*TOR wrote:

Yea, the Nickey Butt incident a few weeks ago didnt help either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Good win.. Hopefully they can keeping putting the goals away for the rest of the season.. Fingers crossed..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Shockingly happy :)

As was said; sets up the derby at the weekend perfectly. Can't wait.

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    Yeah I thought that might be the reason. It was pretty bad to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Shocking stuff from Birmingham. Are these guys really in the EPL? The gulf does nothing for the standing of the EPL.

Well done to Liverpool though, they can only play the teams that are put in front of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

would like to say the 7 - 0 flattered pool, but ****in slaughterd them tbh. sissoko was man of the match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

evilhomer wrote:
    So has he resigned yet? booed off the pitch too and they were singing something about him during the match, didn't quite catch what they said

'Steve Bruce, He's signing on next week, He's signing on next week'

Shocking stuff from Birmingham. Are these guys really in the EPL? The gulf does nothing for the standing of the EPL.

Well done to Liverpool though, they can only play the teams that are put in front of them.
    This result has nothing to do with the standard of the EPL. It was a cup tie and hence has fundamental differences from any EPL tie.

Besides this is the same Birmingham team that has already taken points of Liverpool and Manchester United. Does that not indicate the gulf is in real terms much smaller and say a lot fro the standing of the EPL?

Or are you just trolling on the back of similar comments made by individuals about the SPL?

el rabitos wrote:
    would like to say the 7 - 0 flattered pool,...... sissoko was man of the match

Why?

Momo was super but I thought steve g was world class.

Don't rise to it!

Liverpool fans can bask in the warm glow of a top performance. It was'nt that Brum were so poor rather it was that Pool really clicked tonight. The approach play was superb by all accounts, the goals came easy sure but so what? Some team was going to get a tonking from Pool and it turned out to be Birmingham. It should have been Newcastle proberly.

Mike.

mike65 wrote:
    Don't rise to it!

Mike.

Ah no, do!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Good God, that was comprehensive to say the least. I didn't think I'd hear myself say this this saeson but Liverpool were really fluid and creative in attack and deserved their goals. You have to feel for Birmingham with the OG and the Maik Taylor mistake, but other than that, the goals were well worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Whilst Birmingham have in recent seasons been a bogey team for Liverpool, last night they were pushovers. It was a case that Birmingham were very poor. Not only were they missing half their 1st team through injury in a squad that clearly does not have depth, but the players that have the capability to do well under-performed, most notably Maik Taylor. Maybe he was on a spread bet in Asia or something but on several occasions he didnt do a good job of saving some shots which were very close to him.

He wasnt helped by the complete lack of cover in his defensive line and a Birmingham midfield that couldn gain any sort of posession. Pennant and Forsell tried once or twice but that was about it.

For once, or it it now thrice(?), Liverpool turned their domination into goals. The goals came relatively easy. But I take nothing away from Liverpool who did do quite well.

I was surprised to see Sissoko start but he did very well by all accounts. Crouch was doing better. Gerrard was playing his usual brilliance. And the goals just came. Taylor's lack of brilliance must have helped about 3 of them, especially Cisse's, and one other goal was an og. Riise's goal was unstoppable and it was good to see him get this type of goal, a typical Riise goal and one that for me meanshe should always be on the 1st team. The Morientes goal was well worked b Garcia and Gerrard.

Overall, a good night for Liverpool and an FA Cup semi-final place is waiting. A 1-0 win would have done but we will take 7-0 all the same. Its a shame that the rub of the green wasnt for us in the matches where we needed these goals more, such as Benfica, but such are the vagaries of football. It is not an exact science, far from it.

As for Birmingham, I thought that they would have been ok with a loss and to concentrate on their league survival. Maybe that transmitted to the players somewhat, but they seemed to give up the fight very early on. At 0-3 down they were beaten and not up for trying any type of come-back.

I think they will be relegated but I think that they will fight it out, so it will all depend on what West Brom and Portsmouth do.

redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭The Insider

You know the funny thing is I did not think we played brillantly last night, Biringham were just so poor, Taylor for me should have save the first two goals and Cisse's. I have watched Liverpool play way better then that and not get the result this season, ah well such is football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

You know the funny thing is I did not think we played brillantly last night, Biringham were just so poor, Taylor for me should have save the first two goals and Cisse's. I have watched Liverpool play way better then that and not get the result this season, ah well such is football.

Was just going to say something similiar, not liverpool bashing now, but Birmingham where brutal. Worst display I have seen from a team in a long time, I don't think I seen 3 passes from them before Liverpool got the ball. Had nobody in midfield except for the player that was trying to get a red card before being pulled off. Defence was useless with Garcia pushing one of the central defenders off the ball. They deserve to go down after that display. Like Steve Bruce but if I was him I would get out of there. Laughing at the Birmingham supporters giving him grief, idiots is all I say, how many season did they lie in Division 1 after spending millions without promotion?? fans running onto pitch...what happened there?

Anyway Liverpool played well against a terrible team so Liverpool fans I wouldnt get too carried away. The majority of teams in PL would have done the same to Birmingham last night. No idea thou why they brought off Crouch who at that stage was miles ahead of Gerrard for MoM. As I have been saying for ages Crouch is class

• Advertisement

Crouch (and Gerrard) were withdrawn as the Everton game is on Saturday lunchtime.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

PHB wrote:
    Liverpool have been playing quite well lately, but I dont think as well as some people think, so I expect it to be tight.
    *zing*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:D
    bout time there a thumping from us.

feel bad for b'ingham but christ they were poor.

only beat what's in front of you tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Missed the game. Any one have the links to the goals ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

When is the draw for the semis on?

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote:
    When is the draw for the semis on?

Friday isnt it, usually on BBC2 around midday. Here is hoping for a Liverpool v Chelseas semi:D

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Big Nelly wrote:
    Friday isnt it, usually on BBC2 around midday. Here is hoping for a Liverpool v Chelseas semi:D

Hoping for a Liverpool Newcastle semi myself. Hate bloody Chelsea. If Chelsea are knocked out it will be hard to see Pool not winning the Cup.

5starpool wrote:
    Hoping for a Liverpool Newcastle semi myself. Hate bloody Chelsea. If Chelsea are knocked out it will be hard to see Pool not winning the Cup.
    still it would be all the more pleasurable to be the knockers-out of chelsea.

I want Newcastle to win. nothing against Liverpool or whoever is left in competition but I would like to see Newcastle get it, not for Shearer but for Given!!! Would love to see a Newcastle v West Ham final.....match of the underdogs and would be very entertaining. Chelsea v Liverpool would prob turn out to be a bore draw with both sides cancelling each other out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

would love to see newcastle win tonight as they did last year. then liverpool - newcastle and hammers - charlton semis, then roll on cardiff and the hammers!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement