Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Firefox only problem... help!

Options
  • 21-03-2006 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this. I'm tearing my stubble out...

This page -

http://www.dole.ie/index.php?mode=search&q=&category=&location=&dc=NCw1LDEsNg==

- displays fine in IE (and Opera as far as I can remember.)

However, in Firefox you will notice the "Page Count" bar which is supposed to appear at the bottom of the screen is in fact appearing in the middle.

Any ideas as to how I can fix this? It should always appear at the bottom of the page (i.e. below the search results and Google adverts.)

Thanks!!!!!!!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

why are there so many different stylesheets referenced?
    in what sheet is the c_bar-btm div defined, as I can't find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

impr0v wrote:
    why are there so many different stylesheets referenced?
    in what sheet is the c_bar-btm div defined, as I can't find it.

Hi, thanks for your message.

To answer your first question: I didn't design the page. I don't know what the designer was thinking! (Although, I'm sure he has his reasons.)

To answer your second question... img/results.css

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

try adding 'clear: both; to that div in the results stylesheet, but it more than likely won't work as it's just pure guesswork. In FF the div is being positioned just after the first google ads bar but it's so hard to make sense of the page because of the structure and the convoluted multiple stylesheets, that it would take me ages to come up with a better answer. sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

oh I want to brain the designer that did this page

<div id="searchresults" class="v2 shsp" style="height: 600px; ">

change to

<div id="searchresults" class="v2 shsp">

fixes your FF problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭DOLEMAN

Can I kiss you through the screen? CAN I???

It works!

Thanks!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement