Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolled Grass/Turf?

Options
  • 21-03-2006 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know how much you'd pay for Rolled Grass/Turf...whatever it's called! per square m/ft? where's the best place to get it?

Ta,
    Chuck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

try http://www.emeraldlawns.ie/ordinformation.asp

I'd also be interested in what sort of rates they charge for supply only for domestic lawns using the standard grade stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

seen some of the rolled turf in B&Q over the Weekend,, if Im Not mistaken it Was nearly 3 Euro per role I think,,,

Worth checking maybe,,

:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

that sounds ok. beats messing about with seed. any idea what dimensions the role was? roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭dark_jedi_ire

To be honest I didnt look much just noticed there were back again as seen them last year .. aa very approx would be width about 2 feet by maybe 4 long Im not sure,, should drop into b&Q on the Way home , th eone I seen it is in Liffey valley but Im sure they all have it,.,

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I got some last year for my front lawn (Very small) from a crowd in summerhill co meath(I think they are on the web.Do a google search).Excellent quality and keenly priced, but make sure that you keep it watered until it is knitted (A couple of weeks or so) but dont over water it!.Also when laying it use a bread knife to cut it and lay it as if you were building a wall i.e. stagger the joints.Its a great job though , no more feckin weeds

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Apip99

Perfect time for seed, and a lot cheeper.

I did it last year, and the grass seamed to come up in no time at all. And a feeling of 'I did that'.

Don't by the fast growing grass though. I may well grow in a couple of weeks, but what they don't tell you on the box, is that it keeps growing fast, so you are forever cutting it.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

yeah deffo seed it yourself
    you are going to have to do most of the work anyway if you lay sod
    sprinkle a few boxes of seed and sit back watch it grow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

am thinking of redoing the back garden. Will need to dig up all the existing uneven back garden and flatted it again. the grass roll might be the ideal thing instead of having to put new topsoil on it again.

but you wont need to redo the topsoil
    just mix in a bit of sand and compost (non peat) with your current soil and it will be fine for grass.
    Add some feed 'n weed when the grass starts to and you'll be grand.
    Take the time to get the lawn flat, makes a big difference in the long run...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Moanin wrote:
    I got some last year for my front lawn (Very small) from a crowd in summerhill co meath(I think they are on the web.Do a google search).Excellent quality and keenly priced, but make sure that you keep it watered until it is knitted (A couple of weeks or so) but dont over water it!.Also when laying it use a bread knife to cut it and lay it as if you were building a wall i.e. stagger the joints.Its a great job though , no more feckin weeds

www.summerhilllawns.ie

Saw a lawn done by these chaps on my road. Lovely job. Would be interested to hear what they quote you, so let us know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

anyone know of any such places selling rolled grass in the laois/kildare/offaly area??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Cant rem what they cost per square footage but it was a different price depending on whether you collected it or got it delivered. I fitted it myself also.Just rem to prepare the ground as if you were going to seed it.Give them a call and they will tell you the price over the phone.they are actully not in Summerhill but off the road between Trim & Longwood

B&Q had 50% sale on rolled turf yesterday
    €1.30 per roll I believe...

Advertisement