Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those top-up credit cards

Options
  • 21-03-2006 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

What's the name of those top-up credit cards that all you cool kids seem to have these days, and where are they available in galway?

I'd apply for a student credit card but you know...... the bank would find out I'm no longer a student :p

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭timeout

V3 cards i think. Just apply for a normal card. No real difference between student and proper card other then the credit limit is lower and the interest charge would be less. Still once you pay it off there is no incurred charge other then the yearly government levy of 40 for having a card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

everything is described here:

www.3v.ie
    A 3V Voucher is a disposable 16-digit prepaid VISA debit number [...] to shop on the Internet, over the telephone or through mail order wherever the VISA logo is displayed.

you can't use them in a store as it is not a swipe card. you get a slip (voucher) with your creditcard number and a SMS with the expiry date.

IB

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

they can't be used in RL shops or anything though, they don't do the whole swipey thingy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 cmmni

they are free to get forom www.3v.ie and it lists the shops you can get it in,

BUT the min you can put on is €20 and the max is €300..
    also you have to pay €5 for every voucher you buy, and if it expires at costs you €1.50 depending on thw amount on the card to have it renewed.

Advertisement