Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discipline and Politics

• 21-03-2006 2:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭

Discipline

Here is a nice link to the DRA - the disciplinary body for the PDC. The link gives details of fines recently handed out. Manley and Lewis got fined £200 and £250 for their handbags at the world championships. Mason got a fine for swearing on stage.

http://www.thedra.co.uk/charges.htm

This details the appeals by Clark, Mardle and Jenkins which has been discussed on a previous thread

http://www.thedra.co.uk/outcomes.htm

Politics

There are rumours of widescale unhappiness in the PDC players camp. An Extraordinary General Meeting of the PDPA has been called to deal with perceived issues that the players have.

I'm not sure exactly what the issues are. There are certainly problems with many of the venues that hold non-televised events and qualifiers. There is also a major issue with many players being unhappy with the job Peter Manley does as chairman (and the rest of the board of the PDPA). I understand that there will be a motion to remove Manley as chairman at the EGM.

I know the new Order of Merit is a cause for concern too. But of course its good for some and bad for others, so opinion will be split. Manley was a known opponent of the Order of Merit - until he won £50,000, so now he's a big fan :D What seems to be causing most upset to the players is that they had no input or say in relation to the new system - its being imposed on them.

It will be some months before the EGM takes place I believe, but it'll be interesting to keep track on.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Some interesting links there Rooster that I will be keeping an eye on in the future.

As for the EGM, I think its quite widely known that many are upset with how Manley is running things so its no surprise that they may want him out although they will need someone with equal experience in the game to replace him.

Im not entirely sure how the new order of merit works but it should have been discussed with the players before bringing it in and perhaps a vote should have been held among the players to see if it was wanted or not. To just decide to impose it on the players without getting any feedback from them is not the way to go about things I feel. It will certainly be interesting to see what is decided at the EGM.

Advertisement