Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen Gately 'weds'

Options
  • 21-03-2006 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4824078.stm
    Former Boyzone singer Stephen Gately has "married" his long-term partner Andy Cowles in a private civil partnership ceremony in London.

Gately, 30, made an official commitment to Mr Cowles, an internet entrepreneur, in Las Vegas three years ago.

Sunday's ceremony followed recent changes to the law, which introduced same-sex civil partnerships in England.

Cute couple :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

azezil wrote:
    Cute couple :)

Stephen Gately attacked by his husband.

Yeah, real cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Oh I'd forgotten about that! eep

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

I'm pretty sure that was a different guy. He was dating some Dutch guy, who was the one who slapped him about. Andy Cowles doesn't sound very Dutch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭shay_562

Well, given that it specifically names Cowles in the "Gately attacked by husband article", I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was him.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

"STEPHEN GATELY ATTACKED BY HIS 'HUSBAND' "

Man if that was before he got married to the bloke god help him now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

carbonkid wrote:
    "STEPHEN GATELY ATTACKED BY HIS 'HUSBAND' "

Man if that was before he got married to the bloke god help him now!

lol:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

fair play to them both i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

shay_562 wrote:
    Well, given that it specifically names Cowles in the "Gately attacked by husband article", I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was him.

Erk! I thought it was the one he was outed with before - Eloy de Jong - who did it. My boyband trivia clearly needs sprucing up :(

And yea... marry someone who beats the living crap out of you? Smart move

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

moridin wrote:
    Erk! I thought it was the one he was outed with before - Eloy de Jong - who did it. My boyband trivia clearly needs sprucing up :(

And yea... marry someone who beats the living crap out of you? Smart move

Reportedly.

" Gately was knocked over and reportedly punched and kicked in the attack, before photographer GREG BRENNAN stepped in and prevented the one-time singer suffering serious injury."

Reportedly. Amazing that some of you on this forum go to great lengths to expose political myths on other forums, yet here, you take the word from the lowest of the low (celebrity photographers) as gospel. A photographer stepping in to help somebody without getting a shot? Eh, no, tbh.

Advertisement