Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestion: allow users to appeal bans

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Rozie getagrip3pb.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

You mean mature as in "I was banned from a forum, I'll throw a J'accuse hissy fit until they let me back in", and "my rant on said banning was closed after I ignored all the advice I recieved and insulted and spoke down to everyone who tried to offer an opinion (a word I'm very fond of as long as its my own), so I started it again"?

Considerring that the moderator that caused it acted in a completely immature manner, I hardly think it's inappropriate, just more honest and open.

Plus, I don't much like suck-ups, either. And "advice" and "Opinion" is laughable.

Hagar wrote:
    Rozie getagrip3pb.jpg

"get a grip!" "get a life!" "grow up!" "get real"

You do realise none of these things actually MEAN anything, right? Except of course "you're wrong, think like I do".

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

a troll. ahahahahahahaa.

seriously folks, im here all week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

So the fact that I think you're having a hissy fit isn't an opinion? What, pray tell, is an opinion then? When its not something you have...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

a troll. ahahahahahahaa.

Best one since bubbles, tbh.

Rozie wrote:

You do realise none of these things actually MEAN anything, right? Except of course "you're wrong, think like I do".

if everyone here thinks differently to you, then why do you stay?

and then put down everyone that doesnt agree with you?

So the fact that I think you're having a hissy fit isn't an opinion? What, pray tell, is an opinion then? When its not something you have...

Posting pictures of babies and ridiculously unfunny forum pics, saying "lol you're a ****ing nut", is flaming, not expressing an opinion. It right down disgusts me that you've even suggest that after I was banned for actually expressing an opinion rather than flaming. You're using a reverse straw-man, making your side of the argument seem tamer so it makes me look bad.

Anyway, this is nothing to do with me. It's about boards. Stop using ad hominem as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭KrankStricher

There's a reason why life isn't a box of chocolates.

(FTL;"No man is an island")

a troll. ahahahahahahaa.

Should I try the veal?

• Advertisement

Rozie wrote:

Don't think like I do! FFS it's mad enough being me without having to cope with you being me too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

The day you walk out the door and the sun shines on your face and you think to yourself "i am the man", is the day you finally feel the full beauty of the apple. Appealing bans- how bloody ridiculous, i yearn for the days of stern discipline and capiltal punishment. The great man, the Fuhrer, would not have stood for this open rebellion. The people who appeal bans are nothing but communist muesli eating, sandal wearing environmentalist scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭p~b

i got banned for saying "i think" politicians are thiefs and that was nearly a month ago and am still banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭casanova_kid

p~b wrote:
    i got banned for saying "i think" politicians are thiefs and that was nearly a month ago and am still banned
    You have no respect for authority. What grounds can you say that politicians are thiefs? You're nothing but a damn leftie. It's the politicians that keep you alive boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I think the fact that you consider yourself apart from trolls is humourous Rosie.

Your entire diatribe falls over because your assertion that "You've never tried" is completely incorrect. I have, and do, and many other moderators do, solve these problems most of the time without resorting to banning people. The fact that you've been banned a few times has zero bearing on this. You're one person in 10,000 others.

Very like your rant on After Hours, you seem to be suffering from superiority delusions where everyone who doesn't seem to be doing exactly as you think things should be done is somehow lacking in intellectual fibre. Don't worry, you'll grow out of it when you finish college. Many students seem to have this, "I can fix the world, and nobody else even comes close to me" attitude. I blame the Celtic Tiger.

rozie is just trolling tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

seamus wrote:
    diatribe

o_0

The more you know

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement