Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help name our new puppy please

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cailingaelach

How about feabhra? thats what we called our labrador when I was younger! Obviously we got her in february! Anyway she lived until she was 16! Still miss her! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭hushm0nk3y

sorry to hear that cailing, hopefully our li'l puppy will live a long happy 16 years too

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

I had a dog called "dfor", got it from some T.V show years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Padjo1981

Well if you think that is a dog you prob should not have it

had a dog years ago called molly lol.
    so il get the ball rolling
    100_0217.jpg

can you belive this photo .its actualy a dog.mad lookin thing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

cody
    tilly
    xenna(c)
    lulu
    wags
    pipi
    ally
    mia
    :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My dog called Lucy but I think Muffin is a really nice name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

i was going to suggest Lucy or Milley???

Come on folks, need you all to vote and the winning name will be used :)

Any more voters? Daisy is in the lead so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Blankie

Glad to see Holly is catching up :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Willow is a lovely name, I'd prefer it to the rest.

I once met a lovely labrador called Arwen, thats nice too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Had a dog called "Skollob" (read it backwards....named by his elderly previous owner), lived to be 15,.....I do miss that ball of fluff. :( (he was a pomeranian),........

altho, on second thoughts, maybe not an ideal name for a female. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 llanero

A photo of the pup would be helpful for us.
    How a puppy looks like is mighty important to the naming process.:)

By the way, having spent many hours of my youth pursuing raccoons, I can attest to the fact that that white "dog" is indeed an albino Procyon lotor and NOT a doggy.

This is the best pic I have although a bit blurry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Rollo, as in Rollo' toilet tissue.;)

OK Daisy is still in the lead with Holly, Molly and Nugget creeping up for second place. Only a week left to vote (ensure to check out the puppy pic)

got 1 more pic (blurry gain)

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Vinnie69

hushm0nk3y wrote:
    got 1 more pic (blurry gain)
    She is a beauty!! Can I be her internet Godfather when she is finally christened??

By the way my four cats, Charlie and his female clan Fergie, Gin and Bo-Bo have all asked me to tell you that you should call her any name and her personality will give you the name that she wants!:D :D

cheers Vinnie - she is a beauty alright. Good idea on the naming process but we thought we would let the great public help us out as we are at a loss. She looks more like a Holly every time I see her though - which may cause a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

that is gonna be one spoiled dog me thinks:D :D
    an absolute beauty.Are you going to breed her??
    her puppies would be gorgeous:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I've been waiting for the last 2 years or so to get a pair of golden retrievers, but have been waiting for the right time (big garden and somebody at home during the day). That time will be soon, with a bit of luck, and when i do get them, there names will be 'Jessie' and 'Bailey'. Feel free to steal ;)

Diamond looking puppy btw

you had better believe it Bettyboop. We will not breed her as we just want her as a pet and you just have to read some of the boards here to realise what people think of owners breeding their dogs unnecessarily - so a pet she will be.

Bailey is a cool name and we were thinking this however there is a beagle who pops down to us every few days and his name is Bailey (excellent name for a yellow/cream lab)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Adorable puppy!
    Many years ago I had a friend with a lab named "Maple" always thought that was nice for a golden lab. :)

Holly and Daisy are even at the moment- any more voters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Blankie

That puupy is the most gorgeous dog in the world :) - awww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 hutchie

Our dogs are Rosie Jimmy and Mandy(2 rotts 1 staff):D Ronnie & Reggie are the 2 cats:p and Noely is the parrot:) .call her Daisy its lovely

Holly is back in the lead (get it? - ah well)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 scowiol

lovely looking puppy you have there. I voted Holly as I think it suits her. Good luck with the new arrival.

Thank you to everyone who voted and also those who suggested other names but true to our word we are naming our new labrador puppy Holly. She came home with us this evening and has settled already :o Here are a couple of pics of her at home with us. Again thankyou everyone, you made the right choice...she is definitely a Holly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

She is absolutely fab....best of luck with her, hope she brings you lots of years of fun ...and hopefully doesnt tear the place down over the next few mths :-)

Reminds me of our dog when she was that age, ours is a cross between a lab and a setter and she has all the charachteristics of a lab but has the colurs of the setter.

:)

Advertisement