Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liberty Get rich quick Scheme - Help???

Options
  • 21-03-2006 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey,
    Just doing the usual trawl looking for advice please!!

The liberty gift scheme has been running in the South for months but i wasn't going to touch it bcause you hear stories, but then my sis and cuz turned up with a ton of money and suddenly i wonder if i'm the schmuck. I mean i still wouldn't go near the new ones that popped up as they seem to be creating all the hassle and reading teh stuff in the papers its those ones which seem to be drawing all the negative attention but yet there's been nothing specifically against the Liberty one and even Martin was sa ying it would be 2007 before they'd be able to address it more clearly, something to do with it being a gift scheme!!! Anyway even my sis admits that its drying up a bit in Cork, though the Examiner said the other day that there was people locked out of a meeting last week i was that jointed. But i'm living in Dub these days and i know the thing is moving to Dub, i've even been told about a meeting, so i do't know i'm just wondering if its worth the chance, i mean it gets to me what my sis made and it would set me up and sure if its only starting in Dub then surely i can't go wrong - aaahhhh - don't know what to do - please help?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Its a pyramid scheme (even though they say it isn't - it is).

It works in a way that the people joining give money to the people already in. It can't go on indefinetly - as they always run out of people. So the people in early make money at the expense of the people coming in later.

I think you'd have to be out of your mind to get involved in one of these schemes.

If you have any sense, avoid it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Your sis will soon have lots of pissed off neighbours beating her door down for their money back .

Pyramids always dry up and then there are more pissed off mugs at the bottom than happy early adopters on top, yesterday some of the same mugs kidnapped a woman in Kerry or Cork and made her drive them to an ATM, fortunately for her the money was not stashed in there. They still want their money back though.

Its your sis' lookout , she has to live there :p I don't care about people who are stupid enough to get involved in pyramid schemes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Lindaloo

I'd agree avoid it. What happens is eventually someone loses their money. A friend of mine did it, her whole family got involved in it, the first batch made money, another load of relations got involved, the second batch lost their money, she made over 30K and didn't refund any of her relations.

It causes bad blood and IMO it's bad Karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DonnaKerry

and i know there are plenty of bad stories but when you're in a hole it all looks good ( that said that woman in Cork set up her own one and lost all control of it, i'm assued the liberty one isn't the same set-up. I've said the same things to myself that you've said over and over but genuinely my sis got out of it with plenty others after her doing ok so she's far removed from any hassle. I usually end up getting bit when i do get stuck into these things but feck it its some leg up if it did come up and if loads start raking it in Dub it would kill me not to have risked it. I don't know, more sleepless nights methinks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Someone did the maths and you are 88% likely to not get your initial money back. If you are *lucky* enough to be in the 12% of those who make a profit you'll have the other 88% chasing you down for refunds.

• Advertisement

DonnaKerry wrote:
    I've said the same things to myself that you've said over and over but genuinely my sis got out of it with plenty others after her doing ok so she's far removed from any hassle. I usually end up getting bit when i do get stuck into these things but feck it its some leg up if it did come up and if loads start raking it in Dub it would kill me not to have risked it. I don't know, more sleepless nights methinks!!

Your sister has still been partially responsible for someone else losing their money, everyone in the chain has been. I know so many people who lost money through it and it was money they could ill afford. More fools them I know but still it's not nice to see happen to friends and family and I would hate to think that I'd been responsible for causing heartache to someone somewhere just so I'd be okay.

Like I say, I think it's bad karma and it'll come right back at you.

I know the odds aren't all stacked in ones favour but equally i know they're not that bad and the earlier you get in the much higher your chance of success is and it is really early in Dub!! Thats the whole quandary, its either jump in now in the next few weeks or not at all!! I think i'll go to the information night at least and sure just see what they have to say. I know what ye all say makes sense but i've heard a lot of testimonials too and as i said " a hole"!!! I'll be the first to hold my hands up afterwards and say i was a muppet, but if it goes my way.....

I was a great believer in karma too and i completely take your point to heart, but my good deeds have been trampled on plenty of times so my belief in good karma is fast being replaced by one of survival of the fittest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,249 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Donna, go right ahead. These schemes are designed to sucker in people like you who want to believe in them. It's economic Darwinism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

DonnaKerry wrote:
    I know the odds aren't all stacked in ones favour but equally i know they're not that bad and the earlier you get in the much higher your chance of success is and it is really early in Dub!! Thats the whole quandary, its either jump in now in the next few weeks or not at all!! I think i'll go to the information night at least and sure just see what they have to say. I know what ye all say makes sense but i've heard a lot of testimonials too and as i said " a hole"!!! I'll be the first to hold my hands up afterwards and say i was a muppet, but if it goes my way.....

Cue DonnaKerry coming back saying "I made €10000!". There was something suspicious about your first post that I couldn't put my finger on, but now I'm just gonna say it: it stinks of advertising for this scheme ("Ah, the odds aren't that bad", "survival of the fittest" etc - I'll take the spin out of it and translate these terms: I'm profiting from the naivety of others, I'm taking advantage and I've justified it in my own mind.).

If you aren't advertising this, and are a genuine person who is going for it despite the overwhelming evidence of the sheer misery it causes for so so many families on the bottom line, then you do, indeed, deserve the worst karma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I have a much better, quicker idea for you.

Write me a cheque for a lot of money.

Yes, that's it. It IS better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

DonnaKerry wrote:
    there's been nothing specifically against the Liberty one and even Martin was sa ying it would be 2007 before they'd be able to address it more clearly, something to do with it being a gift scheme!!!
    Its a lottery.
    If you lose, tough sh it.
    If you win, hope you don't end up beaten to death by the people you con into joining.

DonnaKerry wrote:
    I was a great believer in karma too and i completely take your point to heart, but my good deeds have been trampled on plenty of times so my belief in good karma is fast being replaced by one of survival of the fittest!!

So therefore you are going to trample on the good deeds of others and on and on it goes.

There's no such thing as an easy and harmless get rich quick scheme, sure wouldn't we all be getting ready to head home in our Jags if there were. Getting rich quick for one hurts another usually

I personally wouldn't like to be spending money knowing that I took it from someone else who like myself could ill afford it.

The other thing that annoys me is when these things go tits up, the ones who were willing to take from others come back complaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

These schemes just work off greed, pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

just say no.

locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement