Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live For Speed

• 21-03-2006 4:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

The best racing sim i've ever played. I've played them all, from GP2 to GTL and LFS comes up trumps on every occassion.
    Lets boost the Irish contingent! www.liveforspeed.net

Live For Speed is a game that is being developed as a public beta, so the game is constantly being improved and new features added. It is being developed in 3 stages. S1, S2, S3 and then the Final product will be released.
    At the moment S2 Alpha is out on public release.
    The development team consists of 3 guys, 1 programmer, 1 3D modeller and graphics guy and 1 Web and publicity guy.

I suggest you download the DEMO and give it a go online. The DEMO only allows 2 cars and 1 track, i wouldn't even bother playing offline as the online play is what makes the game.

Beware of wreckers in the DEMO though, they are a pain in the ass. You come accross them every now and then. Let me assure you that once you buy the S2 licence you wont see anymore wreckers, so keep that in mind.

I also organise the LFS World Nations Cup, there is an Irish Team in this but unfortunatly we didn't make it passes the 2nd round. But we'll be back next year. More info on this league at www.lfsnationscup.net

If your a fan of GPL, rFactor, GTR, GTL you'll love this! :D I started playing in December 2002 and i've been playing at least 3 or 4 nights a week since!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Have it,played all early versions.
    It is a class game,exceptional online but rfactor and GT Legends beat it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

What u think is better about rFactor and GTL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

The sound? The main problem i had with LFS was the terrible sound of the cars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

GTL has Mondello :)

I like LFS and have been playing with it since it first became available. I think the physics can be a bit wierd, especially with the RWD cars. I think the non-turbo RWD car is way too inclined to oversteer when you put the little power that it has on.

I prefer GTL simply because the cars are more interesting, the track surfaces are more detailed too. But I do enjoy some of the online races with LFS. The lower system requirements come in handy when I blowup\remove my graphics card.

I also agree with the sound, one of the things I hate about sims is of course the lack of feeling. The sound in GTL is much more progressive and makes up a little for that lack of kinestetics.

I agree the sound in LFS is crap! Lets hope its fixed when S2 Final is released.
    It's the multiplayer that does it for me, nothing even comes close!
    I hate playing games offline, just gets boring (AI can only be so fast).

• Advertisement

Yes, the online activity is great, always a race to be had with good entries.

Are you doing any real-world racing these days Niki?

Nope, no racing. Too much bloody money needed. I am working for a team at the Karting and it's kinda giving me the bug again, thinking about doing some Karting nxt year for the craic.
    Time to reveal yourself SouperComputer..... :p

Doubt you would remember me. "Raced" 100 Clubman\FA from 97-01, no 7 for most of those years. Spent most of my time parked with engine problems!

You working with Coby's?

Thinking of doing a plate in Max this year. Need to get fit first though!

Doubt you would remember me. "Raced" 100 Clubman\FA from 97-01, no 7 for most of those years. Spent most of my time parked with engine problems!

You working with Coby's?

Thinking of doing a plate in Max this year. Need to get fit first though!
    Try me....
    Working for Brennans, already been to Italy for a week and Super One in ThreeSisters aswell. Gonna be a busy year....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Pov06

Pretty big bump but....

Does anyone play this game here? If so - what are your usernames?

I'm PoVo. :D

• Advertisement

batman_threadres.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

lol...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 350 ✭✭CRM Ireland

The sad fact is that virtually no development has taken place since this thread started in 2006. The constant excuses about updates etc is so boring now. Its being left behind in the dust, and thats what it deserves. Graphics are a shambles now and there are a load of new titles out and coming out which make this look like a college project.

If I hear any more about the "upcoming tyre physics" I might explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭c0rn3y

It is somehow sad. LFS is good and loads of fun but somehow it just doesn't have what it once did have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

There was a blog post by the creators in the last six months that essentially said they're bored and unmotivated. The graphics are crap, the last update wasn't even worth downloading (no physics or graphics changes) and it's basically a shelved project. At the current rate of development it would take three years to get to where most other racing sims are today. I've uninstalled it.

Advertisement