Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone else seen this guy on M50?

Options
  • 21-03-2006 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Drives a wine saloon Corolla - 00 D reg (I have the rest of the plate)?

Works as a sparks/builder and everyday he will undertake you, force his way in front of you so as to nearly cause a pile up, do the same thing while moving into the left lane and back into the right in front of yet another car. He basically does this the whole way home and if anyone beeps/flashes him he stands on the brakes.

I've seen him on a previous occasion driving up the hard shoulder, crossing medians at slip roads and then back into the hard shoulder.

Complete and utter scumbag who will cause a pile up pretty soon on the M50.

I made a complaint of dangerous driving against him to the Guards in Ronanstown yesterday after he stood on the brakes after I beeped at him for cutting me up and then at the toll bridge he got out and started mouthing off.

Waiting to hear back from them, wondering if anyone else has witnessed this fella?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭phoenix_nights

Big Balls wrote:
    I made a complaint of dangerous driving against him to the Guards in Ronanstown yesterday after he stood on the brakes after I beeped at him for cutting me up and then at the toll bridge he got out and started mouthing off.

Fair play for making the complaint. If more people did this every motorist would be wary of driving dangerously.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would there be any CCTV evidence?

That kind of driving drives me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭dts

You need witnesses or its just your word against his. Anyone else back the guy up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

There should be CCTV at the toll brdige should do the job.

I overtook a car last night and cut it a bit short for the on coming traffic, totally my fault. I put my hand up to apolagise to the on coming jeep, then he starts sworving the jeep left and right and then gives me the two fingers.

There is a hugh problem with driver attitude in this country. Bad Attitude leads to bad driving and then to dangerous driving and dead people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

kluivert wrote:
    I overtook a car last night and cut it a bit short for the on coming traffic, totally my fault. I put my hand up to apolagise to the on coming jeep, then he starts sworving the jeep left and right and then gives me the two fingers.

There is a hugh problem with driver attitude in this country. Bad Attitude leads to bad driving and then to dangerous driving and dead people.

Yeah. He was wrong to give you the two fingers. Instead of wasting time doing that, he should have been taking note of your reg number. Bad Attitude does indeed lead to bad driving and then to dangerous driving and dead people, but so to does careless/dangerous overtaking !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Duiske_Lad wrote:
    Yeah. He was wrong to give you the two fingers. Instead of wasting time doing that, he should have been taking note of your reg number. Bad Attitude does indeed lead to bad driving and then to dangerous driving and dead people, but so to does careless/dangerous overtaking !

I think he knows that. At least he was big enough to acknowledge and apologise for his mistake.

if he had enough space to swerve from left to right a few times and enough time to make two-fingered gestures, I'd guess it wasn't life or death

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There is a special number you can ring for this sort of behaviour - I've seen it posted on the M50 - I think it's called Traffic Watch or something.
    Fair play to you. We all should do our bit to make the roads safer.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

That traffic Watch number seemingly is a waste of time as it isn't manned AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

kbannon wrote:
    That traffic Watch number seemingly is a waste of time as it isn't manned AFAIK.

it's manned alright. I called it once and got through to somwhere. Gave the details of the pratt that was driving up my anus and the Garda said they 'look into it'. Last I ever heard. At max the people involved get a caution.

btw - where on the m50, south or noth bound, and at what time of the day does this eejit play his games ? I drive almost the length of the m50 every day and will keep an eye out for him.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

there there, that guy sounds to me as if he thinks hes a bit of a savage driver.
    If youve got even a semi decently quick car- cut him off then drive reeealy slowly and when he goes to undertake u again floor it , forcing him to get behind u again ...repeat that like 3 times and he'll feel like a right oul sap in his little winey corolla haha.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

C_Breeze wrote:
    there there, that guy sounds to me as if he thinks hes a bit of a savage driver.
    If youve got even a semi decently quick car- cut him off then drive reeealy slowly and when he goes to undertake u again floor it , forcing him to get behind u again ...repeat that like 3 times and he'll feel like a right oul sap in his little winey corolla haha.

Both of ye will probably crash into each other, stop in the middle of both lanes until the Gardai arrive, cause massive tailbacks.

Ye might even have another accident on the other side of the m50 occur with people rubber necking.

Traffic will be blocked up for hours...

Just make a statement of complaint at a Garda station. Its the very same as a Garda witnessing his driving. Go to court, act as the witness for the DPP and get him convicted and hopefully banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭hargo

if he is undertaking you then you are in the wrong lane as you are not overtaking anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

C_Breeze wrote:

It's the M50, not kindergarten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

Driving on the hard shoulder?? grrr.. report him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

you should report those kind of people as they are a big threat to the public.he should be fined /banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

C_Breeze wrote:

yeah real mature.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1890 205 805

Traffic Corps report line. I've never used it, but would hope it might be effective.
    Use a handsfree mobile btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

hargo wrote:
    if he is undertaking you then you are in the wrong lane as you are not overtaking anything.

There is a big difference between passing someone who is sitting out in the overtaking lane and the aggressive weaving which this muppet is described as doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

C_Breeze wrote:
    You're an evolutionary dead end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

A colleague of mine drives like a lunatic in a high powered Integra. He's was pulled on this way back from the West by the Garda..they were actually waiting for him as someone had reported him to that hotline number on his way down to the West an hour previously... they told him off but reality is they can do feck all about it unless they catch him/her in the act...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A colleague of mine drives like a lunatic in a high powered Integra. He's was pulled on this way back from the West by the Garda..they were actually waiting for him as someone had reported him to that hotline number on his way down to the West an hour previously... they told him off but reality is they can do feck all about it unless they catch him/her in the act...

If someone complains and is prepared to make a statement, they can prosecute.
    The more witnesses the stronger the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭blackbird98

In the past two years i have reported 3 people in different parts of the country. for two of these, the cops more or less talked me out of making a complaint, stating that i would have to make a statement and go to court, and at the end of the day, it was his word against mine, but they would "look into it". the last complaint i made, both myself and another guy went to the cop-shop and made statements. they checked his reg no and told me that the car was registered to a respectable local family and the would have a chat with him. never heard anything since. Cops dont want to bother with the paperwork!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

AFAIK the traffic watch scheme has collapsed recently. I remember reading about this somewhere.

In any case I don't think it worked very well. There are a lot of muppets out there who regard anyone overtaking them or making better progress than them as an "impatient dangerous lunatic" and would likely report them even though it might be a completely false accusation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Gurgle wrote:
    You're an evolutionary dead end.

evolutionary? - as in mitsubishi evolution? ...woohoo , that can only be a good thing! you people are so kind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

@Big Balls

I'm assuming that you were following the traffic flow closely in the overtaking lane and not just sitting in the overtaking lane with nothing in front of you? If this was the case then he does sound like an ignorant prick.

Nothing irritates me more on the M50 than the muppets who will just sit in the overtaking lane with nothing in front of them and won't move over. I don't care if they are sticking to the speed limit or not. If a car approaches behind travelling faster they should move over, and give up this 'holy guardian of the speed limit' crap. Some of course are just idiots who are oblivious to other traffic and don't know where their mirrors are. These are the only cases where I will contemplate an undertaking manoeuve, and only after sitting there for several minutes doing my best to indicate to them that I would like to get by, and after making sure it's reasonably safe to do so (keeping a very close eye on the offending car should he/she suddenly make up their mind to finally move over).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

How did the gardai know to sit and wait for the driver to return from the west? Would they have sat there indefinitley for him then?

m_stan wrote:
    Gave the details of the pratt that was driving up my anus and the Garda said they 'look into it'

Does anyone else find this funny ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Originally Posted by m_stan
    Gave the details of the pratt that was driving up my anus and the Garda said they 'look into it'

Does anyone else find this funny

Heh heh. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I have used the TrafficWatch number several times and found it to be quite effective. The guards in local stations usually called me within a few minutes and i have only been fobbed off maybe 2-3 times out of 13-15 i called. i have used it to have several drunk drivers stopped and even one who was falling asleep at the wheel on the M7 and almost caused 2 major accidents!!!

my girlfriend thinks i am over zealous and she is probably right. i tend to watch others drivers behaviour and if they commit a danagerous act i am on the phone straight away. i have also been known to follow some very bad drivers for 30+ miles just to get them stopped.

do u think i am a little crazy??? well let me tell you about my routes to and from work. when i lived in meath and finished a day shift in leixlip, i had three seperate routes to chose from. when i finished a nite shift it was a completely different story 'cos 2 of the routes were so danagerous with commuters travelling to dublin.
    now i travel from cavan to leixlip and i guarantee you i see at least 5 danagerous stupid acts every day. it is absolutely unbelieveable and it is part of the reason why i have applied to join the gardai this year.

Advertisement