Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone else seen this guy on M50?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

TheNog wrote:
    I have used the TrafficWatch number several times and found it to be quite effective. The guards in local stations usually called me within a few minutes and i have only been fobbed off maybe 2-3 times out of 13-15 i called. i have used it to have several drunk drivers stopped and even one who was falling asleep at the wheel on the M7 and almost caused 2 major accidents!!!

my girlfriend thinks i am over zealous and she is probably right. i tend to watch others drivers behaviour and if they commit a danagerous act i am on the phone straight away. i have also been known to follow some very bad drivers for 30+ miles just to get them stopped.

do u think i am a little crazy??? well let me tell you about my routes to and from work. when i lived in meath and finished a day shift in leixlip, i had three seperate routes to chose from. when i finished a nite shift it was a completely different story 'cos 2 of the routes were so danagerous with commuters travelling to dublin.
    now i travel from cavan to leixlip and i guarantee you i see at least 5 danagerous stupid acts every day. it is absolutely unbelieveable and it is part of the reason why i have applied to join the gardai this year.

yes , but not just a litlle crazy ...allo out crazy. Girlfriend you say?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

well girlfriend or observer...i can't remember now. she is female though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

A while ago I had a close encounter with a complete [unt in a lancer on the N11 coming into Wicklow town, all the way in he was taking reckless, stupid moves all over the place, he didn't appear to be drunk , just very agressive. anyway drove to the Garda station gave them the speil, bascially getting the usual "yeah, yeah" until one guard tapped in the reg of the car, what ever came up on his screen made him shout at the motorbike cop who was having a nice cup of tea, had a quick word with him, and then left like a bat out of hell. Never heard anything after that but they were eager to get him

• Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭LFCFan

TheNog! What would you consider dangerous driving that warrented reporting?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

LFCFan wrote:
    TheNog! What would you consider dangerous driving that warrented reporting?

Calm down, it's only a troll.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

hargo wrote:
    if he is undertaking you then you are in the wrong lane as you are not overtaking anything.

Yeh that was it, you idiot.

I was keeping up with the stop start 'flow' that is the M50 at rush hour evening traffic.

I have a 6 month old powerful car, but I refuse to use it as a battering ram for some brain dead scumbag. It would've been very easy for me to do that kind of messing but I don't want a written off car.

As it turns out, I've still had no phone call back from the guard I spoke to. I regret not taking his name but I will call Ronanstown station again before tomorrow evening if I have not heard back.

Anyway, regular users of the M50 (northbound) watch out for this piece of filth as he has more right than you to get home quicker and very little will get in his way. I encountered him at about 5.30pm.

Big Balls wrote:
    Yeh that was it, you idiot.

That's not exactly what I'd call an intelligent response to a fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Yep
    Thats the traffic line to the cops alright

Only issue is I believe that if you report someone and the cops take them to court they will want you to appear as a witness in court. Hence day off work with no pay except for measly appearance expenses from court etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭joeblogg1

Agree wholeheartedly with PhoenixRising

The rules of the road are Keep Left Pass Right. It makes you no more holy sitting in the fast lane with nothing in the slow lane even though you are keeping to the speed limit.

No one made these people God and it is not their job to sit in the fast lane and enforce the speed limit. If anyone wants to travel faster on the dual carraigeway that is their choice. They are doing it in the full knowledge, as adults that they are travelling above the speed limit and no lay person should attempt to sit in the fast lane at the speed limit to hamper the progress of others. That is the job of the Gardai and such action usually only results in dangerous overtaking on the left .

Well I'll tell you what Anan, you try driving along minding your own business in a car you work hard for and see how happy you are when a scumbag decides he's going to try turn it into a piece of scrap yard gold and not only that but act like he's just done 10 rounds with Tyson and is still after more.. and then try to not get a little frustrated at a stupid comment like "oh it was your fault, he was able to undertake you".

And BTW just to that poster, open your rules of the road book, it clearly says that to undertake in a situation like I described is illegal.

• Advertisement

@Big Balls

I'm assuming that you were following the traffic flow closely in the overtaking lane and not just sitting in the overtaking lane with nothing in front of you? If this was the case then he does sound like an ignorant prick.

Correct. I was keeping up with the traffic and as it happens, the two lanes were probably moving as fast as each other.

Agree with the rest of your post too.

Big Balls wrote:
    Well I'll tell you what Anan, you try driving along minding your own business in a car you work hard for and see how happy you are when a scumbag decides he's going to try turn it into a piece of scrap yard gold and not only that but act like he's just done 10 rounds with Tyson and is still after more.. and then try to not get a little frustrated at a stupid comment like "oh it was your fault, he was able to undertake you".

And BTW just to that poster, open your rules of the road book, it clearly says that to undertake in a situation like I described is illegal.

If you don't like his comment, then by all means tell us why you feel he was incorrect. He's not the one who cut in in front of you, he's just a poster making a point. For the record, if a car can overtake you on the left on a motorway without using the hard shoulder, then you really should consider the possibility that you may have been in the wrong lane.

He didn't have enough time to safely undertake me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

I was passing the traffic that was in the left lane albeit at not a great deal more due to traffic.

Please don't tell me I need to explain to you why the above comment was stupid - everyone else seems to have understood, you have a full licence and drive a car I take it??!!

I was perfectly entitled to be where I was positioned on the road!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭irishpartyboy

kbannon wrote:
    How did the gardai know to sit and wait for the driver to return from the west? Would they have sat there indefinitley for him then?

Well after the tip of from the law abiding motorist, I'm assuming they were keeping an eye out for him on the same stretch of road..so when they saw him, they pulled him and gave him a ticking off. He wasn't speeding at the time so they couldn't really do anything...

Also there's nothing out there to prevent a motorist with a grudge continously reporting another motorist they dont like?? So I'm assuming unless they get caught by cameras or gatsos then there's no evidence.

I've a few Garda mates and they have a serious phobia of "paperwork" and in cases like this just aren't bothered half the time. However at the end of the day, it depends on the individial Garda.

Big Balls wrote:
    He didn't have enough time to safely undertake me!!!!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

I was passing the traffic that was in the left lane albeit at not a great deal more due to traffic.

Please don't tell me I need to explain to you why the above comment was stupid - everyone else seems to have understood, you have a full licence and drive a car I take it??!!

I was perfectly entitled to be where I was positioned on the road!!!

Calm down. It's just a question, not a personal attack on you.

Perfectly calm, I'm trying to make you realise I was perfectly within my rights to be in the overtaking lane!

I never said you weren't. The only point I'm making is that insulting other posters when they raise questions that you don't like is hardly helping your case. You tell us that this guy cut you up, but at the same time you're coming across as quite aggressive yourself.

Anan he didn't raise a question! He put up a stupid reply aimed at just stirring things..

Now if you've finished?

hargo wrote:
    if he is undertaking you then you are in the wrong lane as you are not overtaking anything.

This is what he said. You say "I was passing the traffic that was in the left lane albeit at not a great deal more due to traffic."

Now I suppose what we're wondering here is how someone could be overtaking you on the left at the same time as you were overtaking the traffic on your left?

Jesus Christ.. gimme strenght.

Anan, do you understand basic road etiquette or what??

Of course if you speed up and cut inside somebody forcing them to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting you you can undertake them.

Does that make it legal? Safe? Mean that the car having to avoid an accident was in the wrong lane? NO!

I'm starting to think you wouldn't even know where reverse in a car is. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Big Balls wrote:
    Of course if you speed up and cut inside somebody forcing them to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting you you can undertake them.

Not while they're overtaking a car in the left lane, which you said you were.

As I've said before, go easy on the personal insults. They do nothing for your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Anan1 wrote:

As I've said before, go easy on the personal insults. They do nothing for your case.
    I have seen people in the "fast" lane overtaking people in the "slow" lane at a reasonable and safe speed being undertaken by muppets going at an unsafe speed. I think this is what Bag Balls in taking about.

Slow lane going at 80 or 90 and you, in the fast lane, are going at 120ish. You are overtaking them. Some tosser decides you are not overtaking them fast enough and undertakes you, on the left obviously, and then cuts in in front of you. Very dangerous.

It is perfectly reasonable for you to be in the outside lane and overtaking a slower moving car. It is not reasonable for you to be undertaken by a w@nker who thinks his time is more valuable than yours in a dangerous fashion simply because he thinks you are not overtaking fast enough.

MrP

MrPudding wrote:
    I have seen people in the "fast" lane overtaking people in the "slow" lane at a reasonable and safe speed being undertaken by muppets going at an unsafe speed. I think this is what Bag Balls in taking about.

Slow lane going at 80 or 90 and you, in the fast lane, are going at 120ish. You are overtaking them. Some tosser decides you are not overtaking them fast enough and undertakes you, on the left obviously, and then cuts in in front of you. Very dangerous.

It is perfectly reasonable for you to be in the outside lane and overtaking a slower moving car. It is not reasonable for you to be undertaken by a w@nker who thinks his time is more valuable than yours in a dangerous fashion simply because he thinks you are not overtaking fast enough.

MrP

True. I suppose the real question here is how far apart the cars were at the time. To be honest, when I started reading this thread I had complete sympathy for BigBalls. Having read his responses to being questioned, though, I'm starting to wonder. What I'm seeing now is an aggressive and abusive poster claiming that an aggressive and abusive driver cut in on him on the M50. Without having been there to judge the distances between the cars involved, that's all I have to go on.

Anan1 wrote:

Listen Anan, if you want to move the goalposts, I'll defend my case as I see fit. You've turned a good thread warning other M50 users to watch out for this di*khead into a lot of useless material by trying to turn things around.

Mr Pudding and everyone else apart from you and the other fella have understood what I described, start your own thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I think its fairly clear what happened here. In rush hour motorway traffic it's usually the case that both lanes are congested and moving at more or less the same, speed and there are small gaps between each car (especially since most Irish drivers tailgate)

If Big Balls is in the overtaking lane overtaking two cars which are travelling say 30 feet apart apart in the inside lane then realistically he's not going to force his way into the gap after he's finished overtaking the rearmost car as it would result in pointless weaving. However Corolla man who can't see what's happening or understand traffic flow sees the gap and guns it trying to use the small gap to accelerate so he can undertake Big Balls and then cut across in front of him. And once/if he's cleared Big Balls he'll try to do the same thing to the next car and the next....Completly pointless, dangerous and stupid and something that the cops will take a very dim view of if they catch him

Anan1 wrote:
    Without having been there

Exactly.

Get off your bloody high horse.

How dare you judge me and form an opinion of "what really happened" because I seem to have little time for your rubbish.

Why would I bother putting up the bloody thread if it didn't happen.

BrianD3 wrote:
    I think its fairly clear what happened here. In rush hour motorway traffic it's usually the case that both lanes are congested and moving at more or less the same, speed and there are small gaps between each car (especially since most Irish drivers tailgate)

If Big Balls is in the overtaking lane overtaking two cars which are travelling say 30 feet apart apart in the inside lane then realistically he's not going to force his way into the gap after he's finished overtaking the rearmost car as it would result in pointless weaving. However Corolla man who can't see what's happening or understand traffic flow sees the gap and guns it trying to use the small gap to accelerate so he can undertake Big Balls and then cut across in front of him. And once/if he's cleared Big Balls he'll try to do the same thing to the next car and the next....Completly pointless, dangerous and stupid and something that the cops will take a very dim view of if they catch him

Wow.. another person gets it right - see that Anan?????

BTW I might add, he was initially behind me after swerving out from the inside lane, up my arse, into inside lane, back out in front of me and so on. I'm driving a car with 200bhp, I'm not someone who hogs the outside lane.

Big Balls wrote:
    Exactly.

Get off your bloody high horse.

How dare you judge me and form an opinion of "what really happened" because I seem to have little time for your rubbish.

Why would I bother putting up the bloody thread if it didn't happen.

Nobody's judging you, I'm just asking questions. You really do need to calm down a bit. Were you in this frame of mind when the incident occurred?;)

Brian D3:

I see your point, but if a 00 Corolla had enough room to swerve into the left lane, overtake BigBalls and then swerve in ahead of him then I think the gap must have been bigger than 30 feet. There is a line between dangerous undertaking and hogging the overtaking lane, and this is why I'm asking questions.

Anan1 wrote:
    Nobody's judging you, I'm just asking questions. You really do need to calm down a bit. Were you in this frame of mind when the incident occurred?;)

Brian D3:

I see your point, but if a 00 Corolla had enough room to swerve into the left lane, overtake BigBalls and then swerve in ahead of him then I think the gap must have been bigger than 30 feet. There is a line between dangerous undertaking and hogging the overtaking lane, and this is why I'm asking questions.

You see, you've mixed up a critical word there. There was not enough room to cut in in front of me and either way, moving from behind a car into the inside lane and cutting in in front of the car you've just undertaken is illegal.

What bit do you not get Anan? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

Anan1 wrote:
    What I'm seeing now is an aggressive and abusive poster claiming that an aggressive and abusive driver cut in on him on the M50.
    Anan1 wrote:
    Nobody's judging you, I'm just asking questions.

?

Advertisement