Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ntl

Options
  • 21-03-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭

ok,moved into a new duplex apt, first things first i got NTL out to get my tv sorted. there was already a point in the living room, none in any of the bedrooms. when NTL guy came he said he couldnt put any in the bedroom, it wasnt already wired up, i would have to get a sparks. ok. but my friend in work got her's done only a couple of weeks ago, she had no points in her bedrooms but they did it all for her. so i goes off and rings NTL and told them my sorry little tale, and they tell me the guy who originally came SHOULD have wired it up and put the connections in, so today this guy came out, and he said NO he doesnt do that kind of thing, i have to get an electrician, he isnt insured to start drilling into my ceilings and walls etc. what the hell is the story...what should they (NTL) be doing and what shouldnt they be doing...anyone know?????
    i put this here in DIY, if u think it should be anywhere else pres tell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

anytime I have seen NTL do this they usually bring anotherspur from the junction box on the eaves, down the exterior wall and through the window frame, not exactly what you want.
    They are not insured in roofs or attics, though If you do that bit yourself they will hook the wires up.
    I'd run them myself so I know how they are done and know its a neat job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tupelo

I feel your pain! When I moved in they told us that we had to go digital. I actually thought that it was supposed to be better but:

1. You are forced to get another point in the house because you can't record one channel and watch another, which means you also have to get another video
    2. Not a day goes by were either some channels are missing or some just hang with the picture frozen
    3. We have been without service for days at a time. The longest was 2 weeks
    4. On occasion the sound goes funny and makes a sound like someone dragging nails down a blackboard
    5. It's costing us over €70 for all this pleasure

We are looking around to try and find another service but unfortunately no other service seems to provide C4 in their package and my other half just won't be without C4; especially coming in to Big Brother season!

I reckon take out the back of your TV and put a cat in to it, less hassle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭mel123

OMG, thats terrible. Cancel your direct debit and send a few snotty letters and see where that gets u. I have no problems at all with the digital, other than this problem i find NTL good, esp their broadband. I find their customer service people a little, em, brainless tho. What area are u in, is it that the reason mayb??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Tupelo

I'm in a new estate in Lusk called Lusk Village.

TBH i've lost the will to chase them, i'm looking at a few different options but as I say, for some reason they don't offer C4, so I reckon i'm stuck with them for the next while. Ah well, could be worse! I could be in 4 channel land with Pat Kenny as the centre of my universe!

Advertisement