Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Cap

• 21-03-2006 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

There is a very long thread here about the BT cut off after the cap and it seeems to have turned in to simply arguing over will they or wont they.

I am wondering if there is anybody out there who actually has gotten cut off (anybody missing form here the last few days :D ) or who has actually gone over their cap and not got cut off.
    For those that have gone over their cap, is your usage meter working?

I am a new customer with BT this month and everything is working for me, "At your current rate of usage you are likely
    to go over your download limit in 1 days". :eek:

I have got stung before on UTV for €30 for going over my cap and dont really want this to happen again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Data uploaded 8.23 GB
    Data downloaded 41.19 GB

From my pc at work. I'm on the BT 3m package. I haven't been cut off and don't expect that I will. I'll update if anything changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Fionn, are thise figures from BTs usage meter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭CL7

Yeah, they sure are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

I forgot my BT login details so i started to use a diff BW meter, this info is from the PC in my room(we have another PC downstairs that the whole family uses)

What i've downloaded so far (plus about 10Gb that i downloaded before i got the BW meter)

Imagegfdgsdg1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I went over my cap last month (by about 50G) and got cut off on Feb 28th. I've been carefull this month but I'm just at 30G now so I'm hoping not to get cut off this time. There were others who reported getting cut off on Feb 28th in that other thread too.

My usage meter seems to be working too, except it was reporting my limit as 24G still, not 30G. It said I had gone over the cap the other day at 25G downloaded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭ghost26ie

they hadnt updated there usage meter last month. i had the same problem with it thinking my cap was still 24gb. but i think they have sorted it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Jesus Lads. What the hell are you downloading?? 50gigs over your 30 gig cap!! Theres only so many Linux Distro's you can download! :wink:

We got an xbox 360 and have been downloading loads of game demo's and hidef trailers on it. 400-600 meg a pop. We also just discovered the joys of cousins from the US sending US TV series in the post :wink:

In other words our downloading has increased exponentially this month and I still don't think we are going to break UTV's piddling 20gig cap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Jor El how long were u cut off for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Just one day, last day of the month. I think the others who were cut off were also only for that day too. I guess this was their way of a not so subtle warning that they can, and are prepaired to, cut off over users.

I was thinking about the cap this month and at 30G that's 1G per day. Not too bad you might think, but at 3Mbps I can downlaod 1G in about 45 minutes. So you're basically allowed to use your serivce, at it's rated speed, for less than an hour a day. I know that there's no way they could allow users to max a connection 24/7 (32Gig a day would be possible :eek: ), but it is quite a small cap when you look at it this way.

I'd normally only use about 50G a month, February was an excessive month for me so I went a bit over board. A 60-100G cap would be what I would like to see. The recent upgrade saw the top speed go up by 50%, but the cap only increased by 25%.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Looking at my usage meter now the warning of going over my limit in one day has dissapeared :confused: , but I am still under 20GB cap (2MB).

Data downloaded 19.42 GB [20849416950 bytes]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭jayneemac

Hehe, and the prize for Leecher of the month goes to.........

:D Fighting Irish :D

;)
    I forgot my BT login details so i started to use a diff BW meter, this info is from the PC in my room(we have another PC downstairs that the whole family uses)

What i've downloaded so far (plus about 10Gb that i downloaded before i got the BW meter)

Imagegfdgsdg1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

jayneemac wrote:
    Hehe, and the prize for Leecher of the month goes to.........

:D Fighting Irish :D

;)

Whats the point in uploading? There are better(quicker) ways of getting stuff you want than torrents ;)

Advertisement