Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography fieldwork

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Anyone any advice howto do the result, conslusion and evaluation? I know its a stupid question, but i just dont know how to go about it, everything else is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

For my evaluation I just compared the results I had, said whether they agreed with what I had expected beforehand, if not why not, stuff like that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

smemon wrote:
    what idiot is going to count the amount of words in the booklet?

i just guessed mine roughly and put down something like 993 as the total word count. complete guess :D

do words in the graphs count? and do numbers count or do headings count.... who knows and who d bleep cares?! :p
    Anything that looks to long will be counted

DonaldDuck wrote:
    Anything that looks to long will be counted

no it wont..

Marking Conference: Chief Examiner

"We will not be expecting examiners to Count Words"

anyway, anybody wanna properly explain the differences between a Result, a Conclusion and an Evaluation please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 schnupi

no it wont..

Marking Conference: Chief Examiner

"We will not be expecting examiners to Count Words"

anyway, anybody wanna properly explain the differences between a Result, a Conclusion and an Evaluation please?

i reckon though that it is very important to have the exact amount of words in the first 2 sections.. like the first section is just out of 50 and the next out of 100.. not very hard to count to 150..tat wouldnt take them long either
    i have it all done but am not really pleased with the first two sections or the evaluation bit in the last section but the first to sections are just 5 marks each so it ll be alright

Results: state ur results .. in a river study u say the river xy was 10 m/s fast or something and the valley was u shaped or something
    Conclustion: what does the speed tell u? .. well not really the speed but if u have a valley u can say if it is an old valley or something ..
    evaluation: did u achieve what u stated in ur aims? so if u said u wnted to compare something and find out the differences u state that u found them and that they are as expected etc. .. this last bit is very confusing, especially if u havent done the first section well..

hope that helped ..

*ah ye another thing is that we got told that u will defintely lose marks if u are over the word limit
    *another thing i would like to say is that i really doubt that u would lose marks if u use bullet points. bullet points are vital for the first two sections, the first two sections are also really the only ones u can use bullet points. i used them myself now in the firsrt two

• Advertisement

why is this so f***ed up??

one class are told they will definitely lose marks, another are told that they wont. how hard is it to just pick rules and stick to them? Geography is a shambles this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

MY Geography teacher has been telling us that all the teachers were told not to worry about the word count too much, I think mine's at 1100 or something.

Advertisement