Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Serenity DVD

• 21-03-2006 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭

Anybody else get a faulty Serenity DVD?

Was watching it with Joss Whedon's commentary last night and at the point towards the big finale, just when they off from Miranda, it hangs and then skips ahead a couple of scenes, plays a second or two, then hangs again and skips almost to the end! :(

Oddly enough it plays ok in my computer. It's my standard Philips DVD player that has the problems. I took the disc out, gave it a good rub but it keeps happening at the exact same point.

I probably just got unlucky with a dodgy disc, but just curious to see whether anybody else had problems?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Sidane wrote:
    Anybody else get a faulty Serenity DVD?

Was watching it with Joss Whedon's commentary last night and at the point towards the big finale, just when they off from Miranda, it hangs and then skips ahead a couple of scenes, plays a second or two, then hangs again and skips almost to the end! :(

Oddly enough it plays ok in my computer. It's my standard Philips DVD player that has the problems. I took the disc out, gave it a good rub but it keeps happening at the exact same point.

I probably just got unlucky with a dodgy disc, but just curious to see whether anybody else had problems?

I used to have a problem like this on my Kiss DVD player, but it was with Farscape DVD's of season1. I had to do some firmware updates. Might help you if you can do it on yours. Seeing as the disk works ok on the PC. It be more than likely the DVD player that is the problem.

Advertisement